The Client Services Manager (CSM) is accountable for ongoing service delivery across multiple clients, service locations, domains and platforms. As the CSM, you are responsible for ensuring execution of ongoing client deliverables, as well as developing solutions to complex problems/projects across multiple domains and clients. You will serve as the primary client escalation point on all matters related to service delivery. You will also have financial accountability for a portfolio of clients while serving as a coach and mentor to the Operations team.
As a Client Services Senior Manager - Co-Source a typical day to include the following:
Colleague and Leadership Development
- Create an effective working environment focused on colleague development, satisfying work experiences and accountability for results.
- Readily provide ongoing coaching to build future leaders and foster a safe learning and coaching environment.
- Consistently hone leadership competencies: participate in and lead ongoing leadership skill building opportunities.
- Lead with Alight Values.
Client Relationship Management
- Facilitate requirements sessions for new work, changes in process or CRs.
- Understand the differences in client practice from the Alight Point of View and educate client for opportunities for adoption.
- Build trusting partnerships with external key stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Establish priorities and balance expectations with client.
- Provide information or act as primary escalation point for HR and Financial Solutions service delivery.
- Prepare for and lead governance meetings and client performance reviews.
- Participate in internal Service Recovery discussions and review Root Cause Analysis documentation prior to it being delivered to the client.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to communicates staffing changes to client
- Create and manage Stabilization Plans; measure progress towards achieving goals.
- Support contract extension and renewal discussions for clients in aligned Client Services Group.
- Understand and communicate the strategic direction of the client to the Operations team.
- Responsible for the development and achievement of the HR and Financial Solutions section of the Client Plan.
- Monitor Operations teams capacity and capability to meet daily client commitments and support client project initiatives
- Ensure achievement of SLAs and incentives; track and report to client stakeholders on a monthly basis
- Monitor Operational Health to ensure green status, including case turn-around time across HR and Financial Solutions
- Partners with Operations Services Manager to consult with client on Process Improvements, Point of View, Global Sourcing or other Optimization Initiatives.
- Provide status reports on project assignments and manages deadlines for client deliverables.
- Assist in post-project Quality Assurance (QA) and knowledge management.
- Ensure corrective action plans are in place to ensure recovery, as necessary.
- Work with business leaders to assist, develop, and/or evaluate plan, budget and execute implementations or special projects.
- Draft, prepare and/or manage project plans, including risks and issues logs and mitigation plans, as applicable.
- Provide overall Change Request (CR) process management and approvals for assigned services.
- Ensure financial aspects of CRs are monitored and controlled to scope.
- Act as vendor manager for associated third party vendors for related services and ensure seamless operational delivery.
- Oversee execution of audit compliance for aligned services.
- Ensure adherence to Statements of Work and other relevant contract schedules.
- Understand and adhere to service delivery model/contract.
- Support Delivery Consultants, Operations Services Managers and Analysts in creating accurate fee quotes for special projects; identify out-of-scope work and aligns on required budget.
- Responsible for the overall Services Profit and Loss Statement (P&L), which includes top line and cost.
- In partnership with the Client Executive, responsible for in-year one time revenue and deferrals for HR and Financial Solutions Services.
- In partnership with Customer Care, responsible for customer reduction targets for HRFS Services.
- In partnership with Operations Services Manager, responsible for global sourcing and automation across Client Services Group.
- Support the CE in negotiation of SLA misses, Business Resource Credits (BRCs) and Errors and Omissions (E&Os)
- Drive effective cost management practices; drive operational improvements.
- Participate in Financial Operational review with Service Leader and Client Executive
- Track and manage Errors and Omissions, according to internal guidelines.
- Understand licensing fees, pass thru expenses, contractual baselines, variable charges and ARCs and RRCs
- Review headcount reports with Operations Services Manager on a regular basis.
- Possesses significant related HR, Payroll or Talent related experience; HR Outsourcing knowledge.
- Applies professional principles and business judgment to solve unique problems or to develop new procedures, processes or products.
- Ability to lead and thrive in a fast paced environment while managing multiple tasks with urgency and setting priorities for aligned teams.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of best practices and service delivery models.
- Intermediate understanding of a client Profit and Loss statement and business unit level financials.
- Strong consultative skills to lead client discussions towards best practice.
- Ability to learn new software functionality quickly.
- Proficient understanding of contracts and ability to use them to guide changes or modifications to existing agreed upon services or provisions.
- Ability to manage by influence, both internally and externally.
- Excellent listening skills and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Handles pressure situations effectively and professionally
- At least 1 year of people management experience required.
- Ability to travel up to 25% if required.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of 5 years of equivalent work experience required
Job Type: Full-time
- People Management: 3 years (Required)
- Client Relationship Management: 3 years (Required)
- HR, Payroll or Talent Acquisition; HR Outsourcing: 5 years (Required)
- Profit and Loss state: 1 year (Required)
- SLA (service level agreement) & SOW (stmnt of work): 1 year (Required)