Rocky Mountain Communities(RMC) is a non-profit provider of affordable housing headquartered directly east of Downtown Denver. Founded in 1992, Rocky Mountain Communities has been providing affordable housing to Colorado families for over 25 years. We own and manage apartment communities in Colorado and provide programs for our residents to enrich their lives. We are currently recruiting for a Fund Development Director.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continuing basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of donors.
- Oversee grant seeking, including research, proposal writing and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate fund-raising special events.
- Direct employee fund-raising drives.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Establish fund-development policies, systems, tracking systems and procedures.
- Arrange for tours of RMC properties for current and potential funders, neighborhood representatives and others.
- Develop public relations material to enhance RMC’s image and promote fund-raising programs.
- Prepare letters of appreciation to be sent to contributors.
- Build strong relationships with all of RMC’s administrative and functional leaders, including the Leadership Team, Grant Writing Team and the Board of Trustees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree required – communications, journalism, marketing or similar field.
- Knowledge and experience in affordable housing, community and leadership development and grant writing.
- Five or more years of experience in fund raising and organizational management.
- Demonstrated experience in a position of high responsibility, managing marketing
- and public relations.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work with diverse constituencies.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff and board members.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, independent work ethic and self-motivated style of work.
- Excellence in meeting deadlines and advance planning; as well as timeliness with follow-through.
- Ability to engage board members effectively through clear, ongoing communication.
- Must be committed to RMC’s mission, be a natural relationship builder, who understands the nature of the affordable housing crisis in Colorado and the importance of the tools that can help the low-income population move ahead in life, and who values the opportunity to work with foundations, philanthropists and community leaders.
Job Type: Full-time
- Fundraising: 5 years (Required)