The web developer is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to a client’s specifications. This person will strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. After development, the web developer will assist with the maintenance of the website, including hosting. The ideal candidate will be able to understand graphic design and computer programming.
The web developer must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and must have a deep understanding on website development. Must also have strong project management skills along with an understanding of search engine optimization. Strong decision making ability coupled with a strong sense for prioritizing work and attention to detail is equally important.
Essential Functions- essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Have strong understanding of UI, UX, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- Provide technical advice during product development stages.
- Design user-friendly and visually appealing websites in various forms of content management systems.
- Work with client to ensure goals and needs are met in design process.
- Placement and layout of web site pages given client provided content.
- Development of robust and user-friendly NET-based web applications.
- Design and creation of relational database schemas.
- Application/Framework design as needed.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
- Specifications/Requirements gathering as needed.
- Routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications.
- Assist in gathering requirements and project specifications.
- Assist with client proposal development; research, content assistance, pitch and presentation development.
- Coordinate with staff to submit rough drafts to client for approval.
- Make all needed changes to mock-ups at the request of staff or clients.
- Take ownership of daily project needs and communications.
- Communicate project status and deliverables with managers and clients.
- Additional duties as assigned.
BS in computer science or a related field preferred or significant equivalent experience. Two to three years minimum experience with HTML/XHTML and CSS, web programming experience, including PHP, ASP or JSP and experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, cPanel, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL, and content management systems, or an equivalent combination of education and/or training and/or experience that provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Web analytic tools and web technology implementation.
- Highly proficient computer skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure.
- To communicate information and ideas.
- Learn things quickly and have a strong technical understanding of computers, programs and online analytics.
- Be creative and organized.
- Develop innovative media content.
- Think quickly and troubleshoot problems.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing. Use independent judgment and initiative to interpret and follow verbal and written instructions with attentiveness to detail.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing. Use independent judgment and initiative in interpret and follow verbal and written instructions with attentiveness to detail.
- Use design computer programs such as; Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign Photoshop, etc.).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is primarily performed in an indoor office setting. There are extended periods at a computer, on the telephone, sitting or standing. Basic communication skills such as talking, seeing and hearing are needed for frequent person-to-person contacts and telephone usage. The nature of the work has frequent interruptions; requires strong written communication skills. Required to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to accommodate evening and weekend shifts and travel to on-site locations, as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time