This role has the flexibility to be based in one of the following cities: Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis, or Louisville.
Do you want to make a big impact on your community? Do you dream of being in a job that enables you to implement change and innovation? If so, this is your chance to make that dream come alive!
BBYO is looking for awesome talent to join our team as a Regional Director in Kentucky Indiana Ohio Region (KIO) based in either Cincinnati, Columbus, Indianapolis, or Louisville.
Regional Directors play a key role in the success of our organization by working closely with teens, the community and other BBYO staff to strengthen and grow our movement locally. This is your chance to make an impact by engaging and inspiring Jewish teens to do great things.
You love working with teens. You're creative, quick on your feet and like your job to change every day. You're not the kind of person who wants to sit behind a desk. You have an infectious personality and love getting others to join you in changing the world. You're a problem solver and you're good at juggling multiple priorities at once.
We're a global network of passionate professionals excited to make a difference in the lives of Jewish teens. We are the Jewish community's largest and fastest growing pluralistic platform for reaching and inspiring Jewish teens with over 600 teen-led local chapters and 100 weekend retreats, along with a plethora of summer experiences including Israel visits, travel programs and leadership camps. We work as a strong and inclusive team and each day is different by design. We are fast-paced, high energy and metrics driven. We are constantly innovating and developing new programs and offerings for teens, their parents and the local community.
What you'll get to do as our Regional Director:
What you'll learn as our Regional Director:
- Lead the BBYO region as you work with teens to create impactful, fun and dynamic programs including large scale community projects and four overnight conventions each year
- Work directly with teen leaders to expand membership and impact of BBYO throughout the region
- Build partnerships and networks in the community
- Attend summer camp (but this time you're in charge!) as you lead teen leadership programs
- Develop and manage a regional budget
- Empower and inspire staff (both BBYO and JCC), teens, volunteers and advisors through your mentorship, coaching and training
- How to run a small business as you develop skills in budgeting, membership, marketing, sales, HR and event planning
- How to manage a budget and track and analyze business metrics
- How to work with a global team and across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Relationship building as you network with and travel to other BBYO communities and within the KIO region (Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis and Louisville)
- Supervisory skills as you manage a team of volunteers and others
- Professionalism and the ability to inspire and influence others to action
- 2-5 years of work experience
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Experience with youth or teens is preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Experience leading teams or projects is preferred
- Ability to travel as needed throughout the region (cities include Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis and Louisville) and to staff a summer leadership program at a location in the U.S. for 2-3 weeks each summer
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. without holding visa or sponsorship now or in the future
In addition to excellent health care and retirement benefits, we provide generous vacation time and sick time plus 9 paid secular holidays, 4 personal days and paid time off to volunteer. And, we also close for most of the Jewish holidays. We provide excellent opportunities for professional development. We maintain a flexible work environment and promote work life blend.
The location of this role is flexible as long as it is based in a community within the region.