To be considered for this opportunity please apply online at: https://rseg.hiringplatform.com/19207-software-qa-engineer/51064-resume-gathering/en
RS Energy Group, a Warburg Pincus portfolio company, is a leading independent upstream oil and gas advisory and investment research firm, is seeking an experienced Software QA Engineer to join the Technology team in our Plymouth Meeting office. In this role, you will have the opportunity utilize multiple skills while learning and growing along the way.
Since 1998, RS Energy Group has provided independent, high-quality, data-driven, technically focused research, analysis and evaluations for institutional investors and corporate clients.
RSEG culture emphasizes team building, mentor-ship and accountability that fits well with individuals who are self-starters and have a strong desire for continuous learning and growth. We offer a competitive compensation package along with industry leading perks.
- The key responsibilities will be to develop automated test scripts for validating results of ETL processes for new or updated features, as well as developing scripts for automated testing of front end components as applicable
- Collaborate with analyst and development teams to resolve software defects and incorrect test results
- Detect software quality issues, report and track them to resolution
- Develop and maintain test procedure documents
- Perform functional, regression, integration, and acceptance testing
- Participate in the testing of production emergency bug fixes
- Perform exploratory testing and provide usability feedback
- Participate in developing test cases and test plans on a per-release basis that are based on industry best practices and identify areas of highest risk to inform resource allocation, prioritization, and target areas for automated coverage
- Work with automation team to review nightly regression test and future automation plans
- Must demonstrate a high work ethic; must be a self-starter
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop test scripts, test conditions, test data and validate expected results
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium, NUnit, JUinit, SoapUI, LoadComplete, WAPT
- Strong coding experience in a scripting language including: C#, Java, or other object oriented programming
- Hands on Experience with Entity Framework
- Hands on Experience with SQL Databases
- Hands on Experience with Web-Services, XML, XPath
- Detailed oriented with ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Experience working with Scrum Agile
- Experience in TDD, continuous integration, and code review practice is strongly desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent required
- 3-7 years of experience working as software Quality Assurance Engineer desired
RS Energy Group offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and an unbeatable work environment. This is a great time to join our organization!
RS Energy Group is an equal opportunity employer. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people. We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those applicants selected to proceed in the process will be contacted.
To learn more, please visit our website at www.rseg.com
Job Type: Full-time