Gramercy Surgery Center is multi-specialty ambulatory surgery center with locations in the Queens and Manhattan area. Our organization is looking for a Per Diem Experienced Staff Nurse, who can ideally perform as a _SCRUB NURSE and/or CIRCULATING NURSE and/or PACU for our Locations.
* Per Diem Experienced Staff Nurse Job Description (not limited to):
· Involved in preoperative functions: preparing patient for surgery – verifying patient’s identity and scheduled procedure(s) and assists patient to OR; providing preoperative instructions; ensure proper pre-op clinical documentation is in the patient’s chart; admission assessment; and communicating abnormal values to the Anesthesiologist.
· Involved in postoperative functions: admits / transfers patients to PACU; closely observe and monitor post-op patients; taking patient’s vital signs; assess condition of patient from admission to discharge and properly documenting on PACU record.
· Provide post-op instructions to patient prior to discharge from the unit.
· Perform postoperative calls to patients after surgery, documenting the post-op call and patient’s responses in the patient’s record / chart.
· Perform pre-operative calls to patients prior to day of surgery.
· Maintains crash cart’s inventory and maintenance log.
· Assist Scrub Technicians with opening supplies for cases as well as assisting with surgical preparation.
· Assist in providing any additional instruments and / or supplies as requested during the operation.
· Knowledgeable and up-to-date with equipment and supplies, including functionality, location and upkeep.
· Assist in restocking unit as needed.
· Maintain a comfortable, orderly, clean safe environment in the Admitting and Recovery areas.
· Maintaining logs (refrigerator temperatures, crash cart, surgery, narcotics, specimen, etc).
· Maintain communication between front desk staff and O.R. staff to assure efficient flow of patients.
· Informed on infection control policies of the surgery center.
· Report any witnessed violations if following area of infection control: (Hand washing and glove wearing; Needle sticks; Sterilization and/or contamination)
Per Diem Experienced Staff Nurse Required education:
· Associate or higher
Per Diem Experienced Staff Nurse Required experience:
· Registered Nurse (RN): +2 years
· Nursing: +1 years
· ASC (Ambulatory Surgery Center): 1-2 years
· Per Diem Experienced Staff Nurse Required license or certification(s):
· Registered Nurse (RN) License
· ACLS and BLS (PALS - plus)
Per Diem Experienced Staff Nurse Desired Skills:
*Please submit your cover letter and resume
*Note: Please do not contact our surgery center regarding your cover letter and resume. We will directly contact any qualified candidate.
Job Type: Per Diem
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $38.00 to $45.00 /hour
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- New York, NY 10010 (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
Completed license needed:
Work from Home: