Responsible to provide key support to the Sempra LNG Project Development Team by acting as point of contact for all project assumptions for use in the project economic models of LNG projects. Supports financial oversight activities for assigned LNG projects. Provides key support to the Sempra LNG Operations Team in analyses required and development of mobilization and operational budgets for LNG projects. Performs non-routine financial, economic, technical, risk analyses, long-range planning initiatives, and modeling.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Point of contact for developing, tracking, and maintaining documentation for project cost budgets, AFE and project assumptions working with key functional leads in support of the project development team.
- Leads the development of operational budgets for LNG Projects in coordination with the business unit operations team.
- Supports the planning, budgeting and analysis of financial results for LNG projects to ensure alignment with Sempra's earnings targets.
- Has full understanding of key drivers that affect project financial performance as well as commercial and governance agreements. Participate in development of project agreements as needed and provide recommendations to management about commercial negotiations.
- Ad-hoc analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, finance, economics or related business administration field. Required
- Master's Degree MBA or other advanced degree. Preferred
- 8+ Financial analysis of energy assets with a major financial institution or an energy company. Required
- Experience of working on LNG projects and/or project development of energy infrastructure projects. Preferred
- 2+ Experience in budgeting and planning process of energy projects. Required
- 5+ Experience with modeling the economics of a project and corporate finance. Required
Skills and Abilities
- Reliable team player, able to multi-task and respond rapidly to requests for frequent changes.
- Advanced skills in Excel and financial modeling.
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to deepen understanding of industry fundamentals and project dynamics.
- Fundamental understanding of GAAP and taxation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with experience in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Sharepoint.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Skills in organizing, planning, controlling, coordinating and delegating.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled