The Army Public Affairs specialist participates in and assists with the supervision and administration of Army public affairs programs primarily through news releases, newspaper articles, Web-based material and photographs for use in military and civilian news media.
THIS JOB REQUIRES ENLISTMENT INTO THE UNITED STATES ARMY
- Research, prepare and disseminate news releases, articles, web-based material and photographs on Army personnel and activities
- Gather information for military news programs and publications within your unit and around the Army
- Develop ideas for news articles
- Arrange and conduct interviews
- Write news releases, feature articles and editorials
Job training for a Public Affairs specialist requires 9 weeks of Basic Training, followed by 12 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field, including learning hands-on how to write news stories, operate a camera, and edit newspapers and photographs. You’ll also put together a real newspaper contributing stories and photographs.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- News, feature and sports writing and research
- Newspaper design and production
- Photojournalism (photography journalism)
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses.
Some of our benefits include:
- College tuition paid 100 percent the entire time you are employed with us
- Up to $40,000 dollar sign on bonus and/or $65,000 Student Loan Repayment.
- Up to $86,536 to go to college AFTER your service which can be used by you or split among your immediate family members (If you choose to transfer this benefit to them)
- Free housing (or your rent paid directly) and utilities 100 percent covered for you and your family
- Free Medical and Dental for you and your family
- 30 days paid vacation each year
- Free Travel.
In order to meet the minimum qualifications, you must:
ENLIST IN THE UNITED STATES ARMY OR ARMY RESERVE
- Be a US Citizen or Hold at least a green card (I-551)
- Have a High School Diploma/GED
- Have no major medical issues (missing limbs, mental health issues..)
- Have no major law violations (sexual misconducts, domestics..)
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please apply now and within 24-48 hours, you will receive an email from our recruiting team, directly.
Anthony DeMuse Sr.
Army Social Media Recruiting Team
IG @ ssg_demuse
Snapchat @ ssg_awesome
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $30.00 per hour