Virtua is seeking Per Diem Outcomes Managers for Utilization Review.
Must be able to work Monday - Friday, from 8am - 5pm.
Per Diem positions will cover vacant shifts.
Responsible for application of appropriate medical necessity tools to maintain compliance and achieve cost effective and positive patient outcomes.
Acts as a resource to other team members including UR Tech and AA to support UR and revenue cycle process.
- Utilizes Payer specific screening tools as a resource to assist in the determination process regarding level of service and medical necessity.
- Consults with Physician Advisor to discuss medical necessity, length of stay, and appropriateness of care issues.
- Identify and manage concurrent and retroactive denials through communication with attending physicians, case management, multidisciplinary team, external physician resource group and payers.
- Appropriate and complete documentation of clinical review and denial management in the case management documentation system and in the billing system.
- Manages the concurrent denial process by referring to appropriate resource for concurrent and retrospective appeal activity process.
- Prepares and facilitates audits using appropriate screening tools and documentation.
- Accountable to job specific goals, objectives and dashboards which contribute to the success of the organization.
- Participates in organizational improvement activities including patient satisfaction, Six Sigma committee, department and/or divisional teams and community activities.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
- Understands and applies applicable federal and state requirement.
- Identify and reports compliance issues as appropriate.
3 years clinical nursing (RN) experience and 1 year UR/CM/QM experience or 3 years experience as Clinical Social Worker.
Basic understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and managed care.
Discharge planning or home health background.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, critical thinking and conflict resolution.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
Licensure from the State of New Jersey as a Registered Nurse.