The General Clerk will report to the Project Manager. It will provide office and clerical support for the PCSI Grounds contract at Schriever Air Force Base. This position works collaboratively with other personnel to include the Human Resources Business Partner, Rehabilitation Manager, Quality Control/Safety Manager, and other Corporate departments.
- Assist in processing documents and materials, as assigned (e.g. applications, changes in employment status, payroll changes, etc.) to disseminate information to appropriate departments.
- Ensure year end transfer of files storage is accurately documented according to the records management policy.
- Prepare, manage and submit all required contractual reports and invoicing to client. Maintain financial and various other records stored manually and electronically.
- Verify statistical reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Receive, respond and document incoming calls as well as complaints received.
- Assist departments with special projects as needed.
- Process and distribute confidential and sensitive documents.
- Establish and maintain complex filling systems including safety training folders.
- Support other departments such as Accounting and Rehabilitation to aid personnel in administrative functions.
- Process documents to update and maintain employee files and records.
- Respond to written and verbal inquiries from management and external sources to provide information, facilitate communication among departments, and complete administrative tasks.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of one (1) year of prior experience working in office administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and PC functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to climb, bend, squat, push, lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds; prolong sitting up to 90%.
- Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard.
- Must have the hand/eye coordination necessary to operate office business machines (calculator, phone, fax, copier, etc.) and a personal computer.
- Hearing and speech sufficient to verbally communicate in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to comply and interpret company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to assist and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization both in oral and written format.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Ability to pass criminal, drug, and driving screening.
- Possess valid driver’s license and maintain good driving record.
- Ability to work any time or day of the week, including weekends and holidays.
- If requires, ability to obtain and maintain security clearance and base access to assigned site(s).
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off