Responsible for all account reconciliations and production of draft financial reports, including draft monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for review by the CFO, and assists CFO with annual aud
its and government reports and internal controls, preparing policies and procedures. Also responsible for fixed asset systems and review and processing of accounts payables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(other duties may be assigned
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations and draft financials ensuring accuracy of all financial accounts and timeliness of all financial reports including monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Assists CFO with audit schedules and procedures
- Prepares adjusting journal entries in preparation for monthly closing process.
- Assist CFO in ensuring systems are in place to monitor financial performance at all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for fixed asset system, tracking asset acquisition, disposal and inventories.
- Prepares regular cash management projections for CEO and CFO.
- Reviews and processes accounts payable invoices.
- Prepares monthly investment reports and loans and repayment schedule for review by CEO and CFO
- Assists CFO with preparation of Medicare/Medicaid cost reports.
- Prepares government reports and filings related to property ownership, taxes, and insurance reimbursement, nonprofit charitable reporting are filed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for Philanthropy receipts and monthly reconciliations.
- Prepares draft financial reports of for-profit subsidiaries for review by CFO
- Ensure that all applicable taxes are paid in a timely manner.
- Stay abreast of changes in laws and regulations relating to financial management, government reimbursement and taxes.
- Develops and implements financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Assists CFO with financial software conversion efforts and works closely with appropriate management and staff.
- Completes and ensures accurate, timely and complete bank account reconciliation.
- Completes and ensures all general ledger accounts are reconciled accurately, and timely.
- Ensures that records are filed and retained in accordance with appropriate regulations.
- Maintains excellent relationships with auditors, external agencies and internal managers and staff.
- Handles all forms of Protected Health Information (PHI) in a confidential, private and secure manner.
- Conforms with and abides by all laws and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. ALL individuals are required to maintain a clean record from convictions that would disqualify them from working with vulnerable adults or children as noted in RCW 43.43.830 et seq. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the qualities needed for the position, but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Required Keiro Northwest Way Values:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Respects the diversity of our people and the variety of thought.
- Strives to enhance the quality of life for our residents.
- Demonstrates compassion and sensitivity towards others.
- Strives to assure trust, confidence and peace of mind for our residents, family members, community, staff and others.
- Embodies the ideals of “Family caring for family…making every day the best day.”
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations related to financial management and accounting; knowledge of GAAP, knowledge and extensive experience in long-term care financial management
- Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid and HMO billing and collection policies
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in spreadsheets and financial analysis
- Strong managerial and team leadership skills; ability to create positive work environment and motivate staff
- Knowledge of and proficient with accounting software with ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Excellent financial management and budgetary skill; ability to develop pro-formas and analyze results
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks at once
- Excellent judgment
- Ability to work under stress to meet critical deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Pro-active, initiative and self motivation
- Ability to set and meet goals and objectives
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
- Creative-thinking, resourcefulness, flexibility
- Must demonstrate honesty, integrity, trust and fairness
- Strong attention to details, root cause analyses, strategic problem solving and prioritization skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance highly desirable.
- Must have 3 – 5 years accounting/finance experience.
- Strong account reconciliation skills, general ledger, accounts payable, fixed assets ,financial reporting preparation and budgeting experience.
- Experience with Point Click Care (PCC) desirable
- Standing/Walking: while completing job responsibilities.
- Sitting: while completing job responsibilities.
- Lift/Carry: work related materials, reports, mail, etc.; up to 50 lbs.
- Bending/Twisting: while operating office equipment, filing, accessing filing cabinets.
- Hands/Arms: use of both hands and arms in reaching, handling, grasping, fingering, gripping throughout the work shift.
- Sight: use with visual acuity and near/mid/far range of vision, depth perception and peripheral vision required.
- Speech/Hearing: used performing essential job functions and communicating with co-workers, residents, visitors and supervisor.
- Must have good memory, recall and be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to use sound judgment (problem resolution skills) in the execution of daily tasks.
- Must be able to carry out verbal and/or written instructions.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and co-workers.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to read/write/speak English.
- Must possess good mathematical skills.
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled area.
- Potential for periods of high stress due to multiple deadlines.