The Wait Assistant contributes to the success of Buca di Beppo by assisting the Server and Bartender in attending to the Guest’s needs within the restaurant. The Wait Assistant’s responsibility is to support the Server and Bartender in servicing the Guest, to run food and beverages, and to reset tables in an efficient and timely manner. Reasonable Accommodations:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Run food – any food that is up whether it is your team or another Wait Assistant’s team.
- Reset tables, bar tops and counter tops according to company specifications and standards. Set tables with clean linens, condiments, and other supplies.
- Scrape and stack dirty dishes, and carry dishes and other tableware to kitchens for cleaning.
- Clean up spilled food, drink and broken dishes, and remove empty bottles and trash.
- Pre-bus tables, bar tops and counter tops. Wipe tables, counter tops, bar tops and seats with dampened cloths, and replace dirty tablecloths.
- Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages for Guest’s at the Server’s request.
- Stock refrigerating units with wines and bottled beer.
- Stock cabinets and serving areas with condiments, and refill condiment containers as necessary.
- Clean and polish counters, shelves, walls, furniture, and equipment in food service areas and other areas of restaurants.
- Mop and vacuum as needed to clean up spillage or breakage.
- Communicate with your Server’s to facilitate the best possible service to the Guest.
- Follow the Ten Points of Difference and Guest Standards of Execution as described in the Wait Assistant Workbook.
- Stock and restock inventory, including liquor.
- Anticipate and exceed your Guest’s expectations.
- Work as a team and use positive communication skills at every opportunity.
- Clean, stock, and maintain workstation throughout shift.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies.
Communication - Conveys ideas and facts orally using language the audience will best understand.
- Ethics & Integrity - Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Teamwork - Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverable's.
- Customer Focus - Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization.
- Relationship Building - Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Interpersonal - Gets along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Listening - Understands and learns from what others say.
- Adaptability & Flexibility - Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.