Statement of Purpose
The Director of Ecommerce and Digital Marketing leads the development and execution of Bob Evans Restaurants Digital Marketing strategy. The primary function of this position will be to drive experience improvements and innovation into all aspects of brands digital guest experience and drive revenue growth in Ecommerce. This team member is accountable for the strategic development of the digital communication and engagement ecosystem, and our activation strategy across all relevant digital channels in accordance with our brand growth strategy. Other responsibilities include leading cross- functional teams to optimize our online ordering strategy and consult on our ability to maximize profits within 3rd party partner transactions. In addition, this individual will create more revenue growth and brand engagement from our loyalty guest databases.
1. Creates the plan and manages the activation for Ecommerce, web experience, search, app experience, CRM/database, social media and cross platform innovation.
2. Manage Ecommerce marketing strategy, plans and execution with the goal of generating incremental revenue.
3. Architect and lead development of Bob Evans Restaurants personalized experience analyzing the customer journey across all applicable digital platforms.
4. Refine comprehensive website strategy and platform innovation to increase web traffic, conversion, upsells, guest acquisition & retention.
5. Creates the content strategy for Bob Evans Restaurants and develops all content for digital assets, working with agency partnerships and internal resources.
6. Identify and develop strategies to optimize SEO. Translate business objectives into paid search strategies.
7. Manage the customer experience and build sales via the Bob Evans Restaurants mobile app, iOS and Android experience.
8. Own and maintain current CRM database in order to build out guest segments and develop database enhancements. Lead the strategic development of our next generation CRM capabilities.
9. Collaborates with IT Project Managers and leads cross-functional teams to identify best practices in the family dining space and drive process improvements that drive impact.
10. Provide strategic recommendations on how to further engage customers based on data findings. Evaluate competitive benchmarks and continue to drive improvements to website user experience. Identify and consistently report on agreed upon KPI’s in growth in areas of online demand generation, conversion, engagement and loyalty/CRM.
11. Explore emerging technologies & provide critical thought leadership for adoption across ecommerce and digital communication platforms.
12. Ensure owned digital properties are always updated and optimized for optimal consumer experience and revenue generation.
13. Daily management of the internal and external digital team and their responsibility for platforms, communications and innovation. Manage Budgets, Vendors and Staff assigned to projects connected with duties and responsibilities.
1. Strong understanding of the digital marketplace and Ecommerce environment
2. Experience working with sales data, customer data and performance data within BI applications
3. Experience in Website Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics and similar packages
4. Strong leadership and organizational skills
5. Strong written and verbal communication abilities
6. Independent, self-motivated and high level of curiosity
7. Experience with PPC, SEO and Social Media channels
8. Ability to work well independently and with cross-functional teams
9. Ability to prioritize competing requests and manage competing deliverables
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications or related field required, Master’s degree preferred
At least 10 years of experience in the marketing field; restaurant industry experience preferred
7 years of Direct Marketing and Digital Marketing Experience
4 Years of supervisory experience
Experience with Olo, Sprout, Hubspot a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and finger to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Digital Marketing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Marketing: 10 years (Preferred)