The University of Rochester’s Goergen Institute of Data Sciences (GIDS) is seeking a Software Engineer for its new Rochester Data Science Consortium (RDSC). Under the guidance of RDSC, this role will be responsible for providing dedicated Software Engineering support to RDSC Partner Company under the day to day supervision of Partner Company. At such time when support is no longer need for Partner Company, this role will be utilized as RDSC bench resource and redeployed to another Partner Company as needed.
As an employee of GIDS/RDSC, the successful candidate will have responsibility for supporting projects in the RDSC, which is focused on advancing regional economic development and supports a range of partnerships with industry in areas of data science research, training, technology development and access to research computing expertise and resources. The candidate will work with the GIDS/RDSC Research Scientists and other university researchers in these domains to understand both current world-class competencies and planned future research thrusts.
Analytics have shown the power to dramatically transform all aspects of our lives – Big Data is no longer an issue, rather it is how, when everything has become a data source, we best leverage and capture the meaning of this data. Our goal is to leverage the power of UR Data Sciences to transform regional businesses beyond their existing core offerings to forward-looking, high-value, transformative offerings that propel a redefinition of Rochester as a dynamic economic hub.
Meeting technical goals in a timely manner by:
- Developing high quality image processing software
- Writing, debugging and maintaining C/C++ image and signal processing applications
- Diagnosing and resolving software bugs
- Interacting with customers and providing technical support
Bachelor's degree or higher in related discipline such as Computer Science or Computer Engineering and 2-3 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Object oriented design
- Linux/Unix environment
- Distributed / cluster / grid computing
- Optimization / acceleration / performance tuning / profiling
- CUDA / OpenCL / OpenGL / Metal / MPI, Image / video processing (NITF, TIFF, JPEG2000 / J2k, MPEG, H.264)
- Fourier methods, linear algebra, statistics, multi-view geometry, algorithm development
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled