Denver International Airport is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 61.3 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment.
Denver is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States, and has been named the nation's top place to live, work, and play. Being the best place to live isn't easy; maintaining such a reputation means we need the best people working for the residents of Denver. People who want to make a difference; people who want to give back; people who want to be at the heart of the city and have a hand in creating our future. At DEN, the core values of the organization are transparency, collaboration, mutual respect and support, diversity, integrity, trust and organizational excellence. Join the team at DEN and be part of the future for the world's most exciting and forward-thinking airport. Learn more about DEN at www.flydenver.com.
About Our Job
Denver International Airport is searching forAirport Customer ServiceAgents to join the Customer Service team.
As a Customer Service Agent, you will be responsible for delivering exceptional service to customers traveling through our airport. You will primarily respond to requests for information and service from passengers and the general public regarding airline operations, safety and security regulations, landside services, food, beverage and retail offerings, accommodations, passenger tracking, and other available customer service resources.
This position presents an extraordinary opportunity for a highly motivated employee who thrives on a fast paced ever changing environment and has extensive customer service experience. The work of the CustomerService Agent has airport-wide impact and will work with the entire airport community, internal and external business partners and stakeholders to enhance the customer experience.
Do you have the passion and experience to deliver the highest quality service to our customers at DEN?
- Assists passengers with information regarding airline operations, safety and security regulations, ground transportation resources, food, beverage and retail offerings, accommodations, passenger tracking and other available customer service resources in airport information booths as well as other strategic locations around the airport.
- Monitors airport terminal and concourse areas for conditions that compromise safety, security, and efficiency and reports issues to the appropriate authority. Knowledge of Federal and City laws, policies, and procedures sufficient to be able to monitor and report conditions in the airport that affect safety and security and create efficient passenger flow
- Provides assistance to passengers in emergency situations such as weather events, security breaches, train failures, and security level changes. Distributes basic necessities to stranded passengers during weather related shutdown periods.
- Directs passenger flow throughout various queue lines and provides assistance for international passengers required to receive Federal customs clearance.
- Utilizes a variety of technology devices to assist customers with information requests and maintains a current level of knowledge about Denver International Airport by attending training, airport briefings and meetings with managers, supervisors and stakeholders Represents Customer Service at daily operational meetings with other airport operational organizations, airlines, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), and contract security providers
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of airport services and resources sufficient to be able to successfully assist the traveling public.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Five (5) years customer service experience working in an airline, airport, service, or hospitality industry
- Professional level experience in using Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Word
- Exceptional customer service and flexibility
- Strong oral communication skills
- Schedule flexibility
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate and three years of customer service work for airlines, call centers, hospitality, ground transportation, or related industries.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirement.
- Additional appropriate experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirement.
About Everything Else
Classification Title: We call this job aAirport Customer ServiceAgent. The official job classification title is Aviation Customer Service Agent.
Hiring Range: $17.88 to $19.00 depending on qualifications
Application Process: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible because this posting may close without advanced notice.
Assessments/Testing: This position requires an online assessment. You will receive an email from AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org with further information about the testing process after the position has closed. Please add AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org to your safe sender list and check your spam or junk mail for this email. For a list of positions that require testing and more information about our testing process, click here.
Pre-employment Screening: An offer of employment is contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by law and City and County of Denver policies, including the successful completion of a background check. Candidates must pass a criminal background check and other verifications required for the position which may include, but are not limited to, employment and/or education verification, motor vehicle record check, drug test, and/or physical. The existence of a conviction does not automatically disqualify an individual from employment except where federal or state law or regulations prohibit employment of an individual with certain convictions.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Shift Work / Emergency Incidents: This position does require shift work as DEN is a 24/7/365 operation (includes nights, weekends and holidays). Mandatory extended/additional shifts can be required if operationally needed.
Probationary Period: This position may require the selected candidate to complete at least a six-month probationary period prior to attaining career status with the City & County of Denver.
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.