We live our Values:
We are a company that is dedicated to creating opportunities for greater health and well-being for the residents of Connecticut. We are authentic and foster a team spirit. We are committed to doing the right thing with genuine intention by owning our successes and failures and striving for excellence.
We are operating with an abundance of caution and temporarily working off-site during the COVID-19 crisis. This will be an on-site position once we transition back into the office.
The Sr. Web App Developer is responsible for leading design, development and integration of Web Application portals, Home page design and development as well as integrating blogging technologies into all applicable areas of development and support. The individual in this position will utilize their expert knowledge of Web technologies and n-tier application architecture. S/he evaluates and recommends alternatives for application development and support technologies, such as search engine optimization, that best align with business needs plus optimize maintainability and performance. Additionally, the Sr. Web App Developer provides guidance, direction and support to application developers and technical designers. This role will assist IT Manager in implementing and delivering key projects and has no direct supervisory duties.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and Develop complex software systems using wide range of technology stack like Java/JEE components, RESTful web services, Angular etc.
- Utilize IBM technology stack like WebSphere, DB2 and IBM HTTP server. There would also be opportunities to use Opensource technology stack and tools like the Jboss and Apache platforms.
- Perform code reviews and lead Production Release critical issues triage meetings.
- Lead critical issues triage and performance improvement discussions with infrastructure teams.
- Keep track of all Project related activities and lead Production Releases.
- Utilize software development stack, including DevOps suite of tools, such as Jira, Docker, Selenium and Jenkins.
- Work on web servers such as Apache and Microsoft IIS, application frameworks, and databases such as DB2, PostgreSQL, MongoDB etc.
- Work independently and collaboratively with team members.
- Search Engine Analysis, Optimization and configuration changes to support AHCT’s initiatives
- Analyze, design and integrate blogging technologies into all applicable platforms.
- Other duties as required
Qualifications: the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- 5 years of experience with corporate home page design and development required
- Experience with SEO and website optimization required
- 5 years of experience on J2EE technologies including WebSphere, Apache, Oracle, Java, Web Services, Oauth2, Spring, Hibernate, JSF, JSP, AJAX, Apache Ant, JDBC, JMS required
- 5 years of experience in UI/UX, cross-browser compatibility and web standards required
- 5+ years’ experience as Solution design lead or Solution Architect
- 5 years' experience of implementing open source frameworks & exposure to various open source & package software frameworks like Angular, React, Node preferred
- Experience of building large-scale e-commerce web applications a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or like major or equivalent work experience.
- AWS certification is a plus
- Experience with Security Appscan is a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics platforms
- Experience with Datawarehouse and Analytics is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- SharePoint development experience is a plus
- Experience working with Agile development frameworks a plus
- Experience working with Mobile Apps is a plus
Certifications: One or more of the below certifications would be preferred. Equivalent experience is acceptable
- Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP) or 5 years’ experience
- Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) or 5 years’ experience
- Microsoft Developer Certifications (MTA & MCSD) or 5 years’ experience
- ZEND Certified PHP Engineer or 5 years’ experience
Physical Demands: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, hear, use hands to type data, and utilize a phone or other electronic communication devices. This employee may have to operate business machines and lift up to 10 lbs.
Work Environment: this is an in-office role in which the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Requires fast-paced deadlines and has a high stress at times. Occasional travel required.
Job Type: Full-time
- strong web developer: 5 years (Required)
- corporate home page design and development: 5 years (Required)
- SEO and website optimization: 1 year (Required)
- Hartford, CT 06103 (Required)
- We appreciate the interest of all applicants for our job opportunities but are not able to provide sponsorship for continued work in the U.S.. Is sponsorship something you are seeking?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Temporarily due to COVID-19