Responsible for maintaining direct care nursing employee schedules for the facility in accordance with state, company and facility guidelines to ensure that patient care and staffing needs are appropriately addressed and met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares direct care nursing master schedule, to meet facility needs, based on status of employees, for DON review and approval
- Posts daily assignments after DON has approved
- Based on facility protocol, notifies leadership appropriately regarding call ins and assists with securing coverage.
- Maintains accurate attendance records and notifies management of attendance-related concerns
- Accurately enters and maintains data relative to scheduling using company software programs
- Proactively assists in ensuring DCN HPPD, DCN OT, etc. is aligned with budget and daily census with appropriate scheduling adjustments completed daily as needed
- Reviews missed punch report and addresses any concerns with NHA and DON
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated current experience in scheduling/staffing in a long term care facility
- Must be proficient with computers and software applications necessary to perform job (ie: Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, etc.)
- Must have the ability to evaluate reports and report trends to leadership team
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must have the ability to be flexible with work schedule when needed
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have excellent analytical skills
- Must have the ability to work with all levels of employees
- Current experience with OnShift scheduling software
- 2-3 years experience scheduling in a 24/7 healthcare facility
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent