VALLEY PREFERRED CYCLING CENTER SUMMER INTERNSHIP
Position Title: 2020 Sports Management Internship
Reporting To: Kelli Bertoni, Operations Manager
Compensation: $1,000 stipend, college credit can be earned
Course Description: Tucked away in the countryside of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, sits Trexlertown – a name widely known throughout the cycling community. Here, you’ll find the Valley Preferred Cycling Center, an impressive outdoor velodrome with a 333-meter-long concrete track featuring 28-degree banked turns, with straightaways banked at 12 degrees – giving the venue its nickname as the “Concrete Crater.” Athletes from all around the world travel to Lehigh Valley to train and race at this facility, taking advantage of cycle-friendly roads that connect the venue to neighboring communities. The summer racing program is noted as a favorite among Olympic hopefuls on their quest to qualify for the games. The Valley Preferred Cycling Center hosts a premier weekly racing series each summer, as well as national championships, large group rides, Gran Fondos, charity rides, UCI cyclocross events and more, making it a nationally recognized go-to destination for cycling.
Valley Preferred Cycling Center offers one (1) full-time Sports Management summer internship for a student who is looking to gain invaluable experience in the sports management field. The intern will be responsible for managing various aspects of our 2020 race season. Organization and attention to detail is a must to excel in this position.
Experience and responsibility include but not limited to:
- Team Lead for Season Ticket holders, Group Tickets & Hospitality Areas.
- Oversee part time race Day Interns.
- Assist with Rider Registration.
- Under guidance of Marketing Manager, help execute VPCC’s social media initiatives such as
composing posts throughout the week as well as event updates.
- Provide inventory control for event equipment, supplies and retail merchandise.
- Planning and executing race night set up and take down.
- Provide support for live events through social media platforms
- Track sponsorship deliverables and collect sponsorship proof of performance materials.
- Serve as a point of contact with sponsors on race night set up and hospitality events.
- Coordinate rider/official logistics with host hotel and transportation.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Assist Community Program’s Manager with training sessions and races.
Responsibilities of the Organization Supervisor:
- Meet with the intern to determine the internship responsibilities, projects, and assignments.
- Provide the intern with resources and information relative to the organization
- Complete two evaluations of the intern’s performance and forward these to the Internship
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Salary: $1,000.00 /month
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift