GROW WITH US:
Tandem Diabetes Care creates new possibilities for people living with diabetes, their loved ones, and their healthcare providers through a positively different experience. We’d love for you to team up with us to “innovate every day,” put “people first,” and take a “no-shortcuts” approach that has propelled us to become a leader in the diabetes technology industry.
Tandem Diabetes Care is proud to manufacture and sell the t:slim X2 insulin pump with Control-IQ technology. We’re also so much more than that. Our company’s human-centered approach to design, development, and support delivers innovative products and services for people who use insulin. Since many of our own team members live with type 1 diabetes, or have a loved one impacted by diabetes, the work is personal, and we are committed to the cause. Learn more at tandemdiabetes.com.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
As a member of the product development team, the Product Development/Mechanical Engineer II will make technical contributions to the development, documentation, testing, analysis, troubleshooting, and debugging of the Company’s new medical devices, test and assembly fixtures, and data collection systems.
- Participates in the research and development of components and systems for the Company’s medical devices, utilizing knowledge of engineering theory and materials or component properties.
- Works within design controls and contributes to the design history file for medical devices by reviewing product requirements and specifications, documenting the design process, participating in formal design reviews and verifying the product performance with formal test methods, protocols and reports.
- Plans, designs, develops, modifies and evaluates components, integrated systems, fixtures, and equipment.
- Drives the characterization, design and verification of medical device systems.
- Designs and runs experiments, analyzes and summarizes data, and reports the results and conclusions.
- Participates in reviews of requirements, designs, data and design verification protocols/reports. Creates and reviews engineering drawings as needed using SolidWorks.
- Selects components and equipment based on analysis of requirements as well as component specifications and reliability.
- Participates in evaluating the reliability of materials, components and systems.
- Performs and interprets tolerance analysis of assemblies and systems.
- Performs systems engineering testing and troubleshooting of new and existing products.
- Develops and manages development and testing at external test facilities/vendors.
- Participates in product design and process risk assessments and mitigations.
YOU’RE AWESOME AT:
- Strong medical device design and product development skills.
- Exposure to testing methodology and data collection in a development environment valuable.
- Capable of using statistical techniques and tools to summarize data and support conclusions.
- Has working knowledge of federal and other regulations, e.g. QSRs, ISO 14971 IEC 60601 series.
- Knowledge of Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Ability to use SolidWorks to create and modify engineering models and drawings
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience.
- At least 2 years of product development experience in the medical device field.
- Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
In addition to innovative technology, we have a culture that fosters the idea that the happiest people are the most productive people. Not only do we hire forward-thinking achievers to join our workforce; we reward, develop, and retain them too. Just one of the many reasons of how we #StayAwesome! To learn more about our culture and benefits please visit https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers.
BE YOU, WITH US!
Tandem is firmly committed to being an equal opportunity employer and maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We value and embrace that every single one of us brings value to the table. But sometimes we forget that when we don’t meet 100% of a job description’s criteria – maybe you’re feeling that way right now? We encourage you to apply anyway. Because we want you to be you, with us.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The starting base pay range for this position is $75 - 110k annually. Base pay will vary based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and may also fluctuate depending on candidate’s location and the overall job market. In addition to base pay, Tandem offers a competitive compensation package that includes bonus, equity, and a robust benefits package.
Tandem offers health care benefits such as medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts and flexible saving accounts. You’ll also receive 10 paid holidays per year, a minimum of 20 days of paid time off (starting in year 1) and have access to a 401k plan with company match. Learn more about Tandem’s benefits here!
YOU SHOULD KNOW:
Potential new employees must successfully complete a drug screen (excludes marijuana) and background check which includes criminal search, education certification and employment verification prior to hire.