Local manufacturing company is looking for a Human Resources Assistant to provide administrative support to the Human Resources Director and other departments within the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains all employees’ records and personnel files.
- Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Performs all clerical functions for the department.
- Performs payroll and benefit related processes for the HR department and supporting areas of the company.
- Process drug and background screening results, as well all other OSHA required medical screenings.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues.
- Oversee the companies’ safety program and safety inspection checklist.
- Assist with monthly reports.
- Keeps all departmental functions, policies and procedures updated.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Must be organized and able to work independently to achieve assignments.
- Computer literacy to include MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Promote safety and security within the workplace and help enforce policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field of study.
- Two to Three year’s experience in the HR field.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- Clerical: 2 years (Required)
- Human Resources: 2 years (Required)