Akima, LLC and its operating companies represent an uncommonly broad array of specialized talents, technologies, domain expertise and proven program success at some of the most visible and demanding implementations across all of government and industry. Driven by mission priorities and the most stringent business metrics, budget constraints and best practice models, Akima companies successfully support their customers at every critical point across a project’s lifecycle—from strategy, design, and development through operations, management, migration, and maintenance.
is looking to hire an energetic and dynamic marketing/communications professional with a genuine desire to help enhance employee engagement within our organization of 40+ subsidiary companies and 7,000 worldwide employees. Your day-to-day duties include collaborating and consulting with communications colleagues, department leads, and company executives on employee engagement goals and tactics, developing engaging content, and analyzing the effectiveness of previously deployed efforts. The ideal candidate will be one who is dynamic, tech-savvy, creative, collaborative, organized, friendly, and approachable. They can implement and encourage new ideas, comfortable with innovation and change, willing to suggest alternative approaches, and excited to be part of a small team responsible for building an internal communications practice for a rapidly growing organization.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including content subject matter experts; business, project site, and department intranet content contributors; executive leadership; vendor partners and professional organizations.
- Provide communications counsel and support to internal customers and communications partners on strategic internal communications planning, implementation, and brand/voice/style standards.
- Guide conversations with department representatives and create relevant content (tips, videos, infographics, etc.) that meets their goals, and assist with building out their intranet presence.
- In partnership with each business and department, establish agreed upon service levels and key performance metrics for the employee communications team.
- Develop engaging, visually stimulating, grammatically correct content and creative that reinforces the organization’s brand position, operating plans, and employee value proposition.
- Assist in the preparation of executive presentations and speeches to keep employees and stakeholders informed of Company developments and announcements.
- Establish, manage and ensure usage of company-approved employee communications templates, policies, procedures, and guides.
- Design and execute internal communications plans for key enterprise-wide initiatives and programs that identify and leverage the best channels and methods to achieve business objectives.
- Establish company best practices and tools for creative internal communications and research new industry tools and techniques for benchmarking and continuous improvement.
- Continue to develop the Akima internal communications infrastructure to foster partnerships, connectivity and an ongoing exchange of ideas and information.
- Manage the distribution of content through various employee communication channels to ensure greater reach, alignment, and consistency of employee communication activities happening across the organization.
- Assist with planning and execution of internal company events.
- Establish and manage ongoing measurement and reporting process to ensure employee communications is delivering greater overall value (ROI) for the organization.
- Conduct external research and implement best practices to drive continuous improvement of employee communication programs, processes, and channels.
- Minimum of three (3) years' digital marketing or communications experience
- Bachelor's Degree desired
- A proactive approach to customer service
- Proficiencies in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and SharePoint (SharePoint Foundation a plus)
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions
- Experience working on large-scale, complex projects/programs with multiple milestones and phases—communications campaigns experience desired
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to comprehend, document, evaluate and improve complex project/team processes
- Self-motivation, self-direction, organizational skills and the ability to manage priorities without sacrificing quality or timelines
- Comfort with a variety of digital communications tools
Experience developing integrated internal communications plans to influence or change organizational culture
- Project management certification (e.g., PMI, Six Sigma) or equivalent experience
- Event management experience
- Video production or motion graphics skills
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Shift: Day Job
Primary Location: US-VA-Herndon
Organization: Akima, LLC Shared Services
Job: Marketing & Communication
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External