The Applications Engineering Intern will work in CNC Software, Inc’s Manufacturing Lab, our onsite manufacturing facility, as a member of the Applications Engineering department. The intern will work with experienced Applications Engineers on a variety of CNC machining projects as well as provide basic applications support of the company’s products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- Operate manual machine tools in the Manufacturing Lab, following all safety guidelines
- Program and operate CNC machine tools in the Manufacturing Lab
- Assist other engineers with providing technical support to internal and external clients
- Assist other engineers in keeping the Lab clean and organized, and with regular maintenance of all machine tools in the Lab
- Discover, research and log programming defects and requests
- Interface and collaborate with other departments including Software Engineering and Post Processing
- May perform other duties as directed
- Technical High School graduate in the area of Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Software Engineering
- Experience in working with manual machine tools; CNC machine tool experience a plus
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel
- Strong ability to problem solve
- Ability to perform successfully in a team environment as well as the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills and the motivation to drive a project to completion
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAM programming software a plus (specifically Mastercam)
CNC Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Employer.