The Diving Operations Manager will be responsible for developing business relationships in new and existing markets, strategic business planning specific to maritime markets and diving, execution of work in new and existing markets, manage the performance of all divers and dive supervisors, ensures execution of "best in class" work product and compliance with project specifications and contract agreements.
Reports to: President
Description of Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures compliance with existing business practices and work with executive management to implement industry best practices where needed
- Creates an atmosphere that foster safe and productive project execution.
- Develops and builds his/her team's skills and performance.
- Acts as a role model demonstrating customer service, safety and maintaining a positive work environment
- Knowledge of state of the art equipment and able to determine return on purchase investment.
- Works with internal support services to obtain information required to comply with state and local laws and internal policies
- Works with estimating to help develop project scope, means and methods, facilitates estimating/operation turnover
- Works with executive management to develop a strategic plan that includes developing relationships in new markets.
- Verifies that all essential functions necessary for all diving operations are completed successfully including equipment maintenance, employee training and dive certifications are up-to-date and crews are properly utilized.
- Commercial dive diploma
- Ability to work the hours required to ensure project completion, including travel.
- Knowledge of occupational safety requirements
- Organized, detail-oriented, dependable and persistent
- Ability to communicate with various levels of employees
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Willing to accept personal accountability for his/her teams performance
- Knowledge of estimating, scheduling, project controls and contracts.
In addition to a respected career in an exhilarating field of work, we offer the following:
- Insurance: Health, Dental, Vision, Life
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Travel Pay
- Bonus Program
Job Type: Full-time
- Commercial Diving: 10 years