We are seeking a curious, careful, and highly detailed laboratory technician to join our small, but growing team in Baltimore. This position primarily involves optimizing qPCR assays, validating new DNA extraction technologies, testing client samples, participating in client demos, and working on new product development.
This is a full-time, laboratory-based position focused on validating molecular assays and new product development. We are seeking to fill this position immediately.
- Develop and verify the performance of new real-time PCR (qPCR) assays for targets of interest.
- Develop verification and validation protocols and conduct testing necessary for product launch in accordance with the requirements set by company or regulatory bodies.
- Conduct necessary testing and generate reports in a timely manner that support company deadlines and budget.
- Test client samples and generate client reports.
- Create and maintain SOPs.
- Support sales by conducting proof-of-principle experiments and by producing whitepapers.
- Maintain detailed laboratory records and documentation in compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to the financial and intellectual property position of the company via invention, patent applications, and timely product launches.
- Perform administrative duties when not working in the laboratory.
- B.S. or M.S. in Molecular Biology or related discipline.
- Documented experience in a molecular biology laboratory.
- Experience with real-time PCR and NGS is preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Committed to doing whatever it takes to get the job done- we are a small team so you will be asked to wear many hats.
This is an exciting growth opportunity with a small company! Please submit your resume referencing the job title Laboratory Technician. Only those selected for initial screening will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time