Kelly Services is currently seeking Quality Control Inspector II's for a premier aerospace company in the Savannah, GA area.
In a team oriented environment, perform all tasks in Initial Phase Manufacturing, Composites, or Final Phase in a timely and efficient manner to ensure aircraft parts, sub-assemblies, major assemblies, and installations are built to type design data.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform inspection duties utilizing engineering drawings and orders, work instructions, technical specifications, QA procedures and instructions, and other related documents.
2. Perform preliminary and progressive inspections of aircraft structure and systems, verify functional operation, final inspections, inspect for FOD and verify paperwork. Witness, verify and document specified manufacturing process steps.
3. Perform conformity/first article inspections to ensure compliance with FAA approved procedures.
4. Perform transfer and consolidated inspections.
5. Ensure the proper use and storage of area tools and equipment.
6. Conduct work in a manner that enhances own/other employees health and safety, product safety and promotes risk reduction; participate openly in safety-related event investigations, and immediately report workplace hazards and make suggestions for control; cooperate and contribute toward the overall success of the Safety program at the local level.
7. Provide on the job training for subordinate level inspectors.
8. Coordinate inspection workload according to priorities, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
9. Provide technical support to manufacturing, engineering and IPT personnel.
10. Perform duties of MRB signature authority.
11. Perform area inspections to ensure compliance with applicable standards and specifications.
12. Lead continuous improvement activities.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
High School degree or GED.
Three (3) years quality inspection experience.
Five (5) years manufacturing experience or equivalent aerospace experience preferred.
Completion of formal inspection training program within 90 days of assignment.
Must be proficient in CATIA or blueprint reading and interpretation of work instructions, technical specifications and QA Manual.
Must be competent in the use of all job related tools and equipment.
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.