Primary Duties and Responsibilities: (including but not limited to)
- Preflight client supplied files and make necessary adjustments to ready for print and digital reproduction.
- Works closely with press and customer service teams to resolve technical questions or to implement client changes.
- Process the more complex jobs (flyers, brochures, one-offs, diecutting, perfing, etc). Check for accuracy of JT, customer files and printablilty of files.
- Troubleshoot any problems or issues with customer files
- Send PDF or Hi-Res proofs to customer * Inspect Hi-Res proofs for accuracy
- Provide information and assistance to customers as needed
- Inspect VPS proofs for jobs imposed by others
- Send plates to platesetters * Load supplies into printers when needed
- Load plates into platesetters when needed * Keep workstation clean
- Provide general maintenance for platesetters (clear jams, cleaning rollers, etc.)
- Secondary person to clean gumming units (processors)
- In conjunction with pressroom staff, maintain the cleanliness of the plateroom and sink area.
- Inspect plates for proper sensor marks, cut marks, etc. Verify all color separations are plated.
- High School Diploma or equivalent relevant experience.
- Proficiency in the use of Macintosh computers as well as electronic publishing systems.
- Prefer 2-3 years of prepress experience in a printing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret oral and written instructions.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines.
- Desire experience with the following: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat.
- Desire experience with Enfocus Pitstop Pro, Kodak Preps Imposition software and Prinergy Ripping System.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Graphic Design: 5 years (Preferred)