Top Tier is a manufacturer of the safest, best selling, most compact palletizing equipment in North America. Top Tier is part of a joint venture with Aetna Group, the world leader in
stretch wrapping and case packing, and is well positioned for strong
growth over the next few years. The combined entity is strategically
expanding its product offering and growing market share in North
America through offering a suite end-of-line automation machinery.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer who will play a key role on the Top Tier product
engineering and manufacturing team. The successful Mechanical
Engineer is motivated, innovative and enthusiastic about designing,
building, and supporting capital equipment. A well rounded background
is needed to balance the mechanical, electrical and manufacturing
components of this role. Excellent technical skills as well as a keen
understanding of machine safety and guarding is required.
- Develop the structural design of products, using computer-aided design software.
- Prepare technical drawings, specifications of mechanical products, equipment, systems or processes to
meet specifications and customer requirements.
- Confer with others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects or products.
- Direct or coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, or testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
- Perform detailed calculations, compile data and produce drawings and reports regarding new, existing or
- Confer with others to implement operating procedures, resolve equipment or operational problems,
provide technical information.
- Meet customer expectations by clear and concise two-way communications.
- Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Work closely with others to resolve issues and accomplish goals
- Component selection and bill of materials management
- Ownership of engineering processes and workflows
- Problem solving, system and methods improvement skills
- Design for manufacturing, lean applications, change management, and revision control
- Analytical, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines in a multi-tasking environment
- Familiar with motion control applications, operator interface design, and safety circuitry
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in product design for electro-mechanical products
- BSME or equivalent work experience and 5 years of machinery design
- Expert, hands-on mechanical 3D CAD (Inventor or SolidWorks) software experience
- Working knowledge of machine design and fabrication techniques (Machining, Casting, Sheet Metal,
Welding, Plastic Molding, etc.)
- Experience with large capital equipment design
- Working knowledge of industry standards for machinery design for safety and guarding
- MS Office suite and ERP/MRP software
Summary: This position requires knowledge and ability to perform a wide range of machine design,
evaluation and oversee the production process of palletizing systems. The successful candidate will have an
expert hands-on ability to use engineering design software to develop machine designs, components and
drawings. Knowledge of machinery safety standards is desirable but not required. Must possess necessary
interpersonal skills, written and verbal, to work productively with others and fulfill job duties and
If you're qualified, we'd love to hear from you!
Note: Top Tier has a zero tolerance policy against drugs or alcohol in the workplace. Marijuana remains illegal under the federal policy and therefore is prohibited.
Job Type: Full-time