Work hard, have fun and make history with Amazon Public Policy. The Manager, Public Policy will join a growing, dynamic team and be able to directly enhance Amazon’s advocacy and corporate reputation before local policymakers and community leaders. Like our business interests, our public policy issues are broad, forward-thinking, and driven by what is best for our customers.
The Manager, Public Policy will lead local public policy for Amazon Studios in Culver City, California. This position is responsible for creating and executing local public policy objectives in the communities of Southern California. The Manager will build positive relationships between Amazon and local public officials, anticipate public policy matters, and coordinate advocacy efforts. The Manager will establish relationships with local organizations, coordinate executive engagement opportunities, and plan programming for employees to connect with public officials and community leaders.
The Manager will work collaboratively with Studios, human resources, public relations, and the public policy team to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. This position will report to the Manager of California State and Local Public Policy and partner closely with Amazon Studios.
This position is based in Culver City, CA. and will require relocation if applicable.
- BA/BS required
- 5-8 years of relevant government relations experience with a keen working understanding of the US state and local policymaking process
- Ability to be both a substantive issue expert on matters related to Amazon’s business and a manager of complex political and community relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including experience creating and effectively delivering factual and easily understandable talking points and other materials for meetings with elected officials and community leaders
- Experience identifying and understanding corporate operations in state and/or local political environments, synthesizing information for internal and external customers, and recommending a best course of action
- Experience developing community relationships
- Detail oriented leadership in event programming with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated work experience with companies, consultancies, trade associations, governmental agencies, or equivalent organization.
- Ability to maintain the highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Positive, proactive and able to always exercise great judgment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.