Assist with the design and development of graphics and illustrations for use in technical materials, manuals, and publications. Operate standard computer hardware and software to prepare, revise, print, and store text, illustrations, graphs, and charts. Assist with basic illustration and detail from models, sketches, memory, written or verbal instructions, and imagination. Select type, draw lettering, layout materials, and perform related duties under direct supervision. Follow specific instructions regarding style, technique, and medium best suited to produce preferred effects and conform to reproduction requirements. Develop style, technique, and medium best suited to produce preferred effects and conform to reproduction requirements, including follow specific instructions regarding these variables.
- 2+ years of experience in the design environment
- Experience with InDesign, Illustrator, and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of design principles and typography
- Ability to conceptualize illustrations and information design and follow through to finished product
- Ability to provide an online portfolio or samples at the time of interview
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- Knowledge of basic Web design, including HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of the DoD environment
- Possession of excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status—to fearlessly drive change.