Who is Psi?...
Place Services, Inc. is a nationwide commercial General Contractor and Subcontractor company specializing in remodeling and new construction of retail box stores. PSI was founded by Troy Place in 2006 and has grown into a company doing $90 million dollars of business each year, completing hundreds of projects as far away as Alaska and the Hawaiian Islands. We have worked for a wide range of companies including Walmart, Publix, JC Penny’s, Best Buy, CVS, Racetrac, QuikTrip, Kroger, and Macy’s.
Purpose of this Job…
The Construction Superintendent completes construction projects by planning, organizing, and controlling the assigned projects; completing quality inspections; supervising sub-contractors and staff. This is a "hands-on" working superintendent role. Diverse construction experience is required. Excellent opportunity for a person with a multi-trade construction background to gain experience and possibly move into a Project Manager role.
What you will be responsible for…
- Supervise, inspect and approve day to day operations of Wal-Mart Remodel projects; Leading a small crew by example in order to complete the project efficiently and accurately.
- Completing all required on-site paperwork
- Coordinating construction project with store management, subcontractors and PSi employees
- Representing PSi with professionalism and integrity
- Schedule, manage, and assist, as needed, subcontractors
- Set expectations of subcontractor and hold them accountable for results
- Provide direct accountability for job safety reporting and documentation
- Complete reports and documentation required or requested by management
- Inspect and secure job site to prevent damages and theft
- Ensure a safe work environment by following and enforcing safety standards
- Establish sequence & manner to carry out work, consistent with the Project Manager's direction and to keep a project on schedule
- Ability & willingness to study, understand, direct, perform, based on construction drawings
- Prepare and document job meetings, safety meetings, reports, daily pictures & logs
- Be willing to physically work as needed
- Always be willing to accomplish any other task that may be required at any given time
Required Skills & Abilities…
Broad construction experience required!
- Reading and understanding drawings and complete construction elements accurately based on the prints provided
- Must speak English, Bi-Lingual a big plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time Management skills are imperative
- Intermediate computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must be computer savvy with spreadsheets, sending pictures, Excel & Word programs
- Ability to travel 100% and have a valid driver’s license
- OSHA & CPR training a plus
Required Education & Experience…
- Minimum 3-years experience in a supervisory on-site construction role or related field
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
What PSI offers
- Family owned company
- Above industry standard salary
- Mileage, Hotel, and Per Diem Pay
- Multiple Health Insurance plans and Accident Insurance
As an EEO employer, Place Services, Inc. is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Place Services, Inc. shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.