We have a future to create. So join Aclara, as we harness science and engineering to make a difference. We're at the intersection of communications, data technology, energy, and national resource engineering.
Our 800 energy and utility customers across the globe ask us to solve complex challenges from making the power grid smarter, to delivering clear water, to empowering their customers to conserve energy. We're a hardware, software and network engineering company building new solutions to hard problems. We're big data gurus and in-the-field problem solvers.
Sound like your kind of challenge? Then join us.
We offer competitive benefits such as medical, dental, and vision care, flex spending, 401k, tuition reimbursement, vacation, holiday & personal time, and we are committed to diversity and to our veterans.
Aclara is looking for a Full-Time Field Supervisor to manage field crews installing electric smart meters. We are looking for utility-experienced, highly motivated individuals willing to perform at and hold others to high standards of safety, productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Training installers in proper safety and installation processes.
- Making daily work assignments to installers.
- Transferring new meter inventory to installers; supervising end of day meter inventory drop off process.
- Resolving problem tickets in a timely, prescribed manner, including escalations to customer.
- Performing the required safety inspections, tailboard sessions prior to work and in the field, as well as, ensuring project resources follow the required safety practices and installation processes.
- Evaluating installer performance and ensuring required productivity is being achieved.
- Directly report to the AMI Installation Project Manager. Meet deployment schedule.
- Achieving standards of safety, productivity, and quality of work.
- Mentor and guide installation crews, achieving low employee turnover and high morale.
- High School Diploma plus related electrical-utility AND supervisory experience required. Associate's Degree and Metering experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles of electricity/electrical metering, to include: Single, Poly, and CT metering.
- Automated Meter Infrastructure (AMI) knowledge is a major plus.
- Previous experience with automated work order management systems.
- Must be willing to travel extensively and for long durations to job sites in various geographies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations and precautions.
- Regularly be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must be willing to undergo a background check in accordance with local law/regulations.