Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
025718 Production Associate- 1st, 2nd or 3rd Shift (Open)
ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE- RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW!!!
Are you ready to be part of something big? Greif is thrilled to announce the opening of our cutting edge Corrugated Sheet and Box manufacturing facility right here in the heart of Dallas, Texas!
We are seeking motivated individuals to join our team as a Production Associate- No prior experience is necessary as we will train you on everything.
This is a State of the Art 350,000+ sq. ft. Corrugated Sheet and Box manufacturing facility to be opened in Jan. 2024.
Some of the benefits you will enjoy from Day 1:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Eligible to accrue up to 80hrs of vacation
- 10 paid holidays
- Monthly Production Incentives
- 401K company contribution (3%) + Additional Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts website
- Much more
Other benefits subject to a waiting period:
- Tuition assistance program (up to $5,250 p/yr)
- Profit-sharing plan
- Paid Parental leave
In this role you will operates stacker controls to ensure stacks are aligned and orderly. Prepares stacked units for banding, operates palletizing machinery and ensures quality of product. Performs all duties in a safe manner, while wearing all required PPE and immediately reports any safety concern to the supervisor.
- Visually inspects each unit for defects (bad knifes, wrinkles, warp, out of line, proper pad placement, loose liner, unit appearance, etc.).
- Units found to be defective must have defective material removed.
- Informs knife man of the amount of defective board so the amount can be rescheduled to run.
- Measures at least one sheet from each order for length, width, and scoring accuracy. Issues regarding quality are to be brought immediately to the knife man or supervisor’s attention.
- Reads production orders to ensure all special instructions are being fulfilled (units with specific height requirements, or that require exact quantities per unit, full pad protection, cross-banded, etc.).
- Monitors alignment of board and manipulates controls to ensure proper alignment of stacks.
- Understands and utilizes proper procedures for knife exit section controls and lift positioning controls.
- Places tie sheets in multiple stacks, inserts proper pads or cross-pads to units when necessary.
- Operates the palletizing machinery and inspects units to ensure plastic bands are applied securely to each bale prior to shipment.
- Communicates any special situations to the individual who is relieving them.
- Responsible for keeping area and equipment clean of any debris or scrap material.
- Attends all safety training provided by the employer.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; or up to one month related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to read a tape measure to within 1/16th of an inch.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran._ For more information read Greif’s Equal Opportunity Policy._
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.10 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Work Location: In person