Oxford Academy & Babies is a family-owned and operated nondenominational Christian-based daycare learning environment for children ages newborn to five years. Since 1987, we have provided families with a loving, nurturing home away from home that stimulates, inspires and encourages children as they develop.
We are seeking a lead teacher for our Toddler Classroom (12-18 months). To apply for this position, you must:
- Be patient and loving to all children
- Prepare lesson plans coded to the GELDS using Learn Every Day Curriculum
- Nurture and encourage child development ie: self-esteem, social skills and play
- Must love working with children and helping them learn and grow
- Communicate with staff and parents in a positive manner on a daily basis
- Have an energetic and optimistic attitude
- Maintain a professional personal appearance
- Be dependable and punctual with reliable transportation
- Have a team player attitude
- Maintain a safe, sanitary and organized environment
- Be able to lift 35 pounds and change diapers
- Document daily reports for children via mobile app
- Have and practice faith in God
- At least 3 years of experience with toddler age children in a classroom setting as a lead teacher is required.
- Minimum education-completed CDA, Associates in Early Childhood, TCC in Early Childhood or Bachelors Degree
- A Bright from the Start background check is required.
- CPR and First Aid certification is required.
- Bright from the Start training is required.
Benefits: Monday-Friday schedule, paid holidays, paid vacation days, paid training, annual raise and bonus, owner matched contribution to 401K plan, group rate with Aflac.
Hourly rate is based on experience and credentials. References are required at or before interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Toddler Classroom: 3 years (Required)
- Smyrna, GA 30080 (Required)