This store is located at 809 Lincoln Avenue in San Rafael, CA. We prefer candidates that are available full-time and with open availability!
The Production Processor will work various processing functions to meet the goals of production.
- Meet production goals by sorting and identifying goods according to categories, including separating high-end and vintage goods, placing items in proper containers
- Properly packing breakable and non-breakable goods
- Placing sellable goods on hangers for racking to be tagged, priced and shipped
- Cross-train in processing of new goods or Target goods
- Handle goods and equipment properly to avoid damage or breakage
- Fill out production and inventory reports
- Deliver goods to the workstation using proper equipment.
- Maintain good housekeeping around workstation by sweeping, keeping work supplies stocked and stacking processed goods neatly and safely
- Perform basic arithmetic calculations including addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Attend classes and training that can improve skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of collectible and high-end items a plus
- Ability to identify different categories of donated goods such as; clothing, housewares, shoes, purses etc.
- Must be able to read and write legibly
- Must be able to lift from 35 to 50 lbs consistently
- Must be able to work evening and weekend hours
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Work in conditions subject to outside elements
- Able to perform arithmetical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Respects and has knowledge of cultures, ethnicities, gender, sexual orientations and age groups other than one’s own, able to work effectively with all
Goodwill Industries of San Francisco, San Mateo, and Marin Counties is a nonprofit social enterprise that opens doorways to jobs for local people in need. That’s been our mission for almost 100 years.
Ask anyone who works here. A job at Goodwill will be tougher and more rewarding than anything you’ve ever done. It’s about more than taking home a paycheck or making a profit. It’s about being a part of a positive force that’s helping to transform individuals, families, and communities through the power of work.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour
- Sorting/Stocking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- San Rafael, CA (Preferred)