Job Number: 346653
5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
421004 - OT-Adult Otolaryngology
This position is an Ambulatory Registered nurse Coordinator position in our General Otolaryngolgy, Voice and Head and Neck Oncology subspeciality clinic. This position is key to maintaining our current staffing levels of support for physicians in our Otolaryngology practices. Our goal is to maintain a high level of patient care while also supporting our Faculty with cost savings. The position will support one of our existing H&N providers, one of our voice providers, and one General Otology provider. The Ambulatory Nurse Coordinator position will support the department with the following daily task; Entering phase of care order. Back Office-FMLA paperwork completion, disability paperwork completion, myChart response -documentation and coordinating response via communication with patient, CMOA and physician. Cover Clinic Flow Team for Lunch. Medication Refills and Surgery phase of care orders.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
- Licensure as Registered Nurse by Board of Nurse Examiners for State of Texas and BLS certification through American Heart Association are required.
- Two (2) years of ambulatory clinical nursing experience is preferred.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to facilitate team based care.
- Experience in Otolaryngology with Head & Neck Oncology highly preferred.
- Functions as team lead for a group of clinical staff (POD) assigned to specific patients to ensure efficient and effective patient care coordination of clinical procedures.
- Ensures all patient quality metrics are completed by staff during the clinic visit(s) per protocols by staff to meet ACO requirements.
- Assign clinical duties as needed to ensure effective workflows, patient care requirements are meet and clinical quality and safety measures are followed.
- Works with supervisor to ensure staff has been oriented and trained for duties assigned.
- Monitors patient registries for patients assigned to respective POD.
- Coordinate follow-up and assign duties to clinical staff for patients in POD registries in order to close care gaps as defined by the ambulatory clinical quality program.
- Monitors patient telephone requests and MyChart in-baskets for POD to ensure timely response to patient communications. Coordinates team assignments to effectively and efficiently respond to patient messages.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.