Strong understanding of current trends in the art industry and the local art community. Must have an understanding on how to display and care for artwork. Good communication skills for interacting in a gallery environment and with potential artists. Needs to have a good eye for spacial composition. Must be available to attend all First Friday events at our location during their duration with us. Construction skills in building displays and assisting in installations. Must be a self starter and be able to take initiative without being prompted.
- Job description and title
Assistant Art Gallery Director - Intern
Will assist in finding and communicating with artists for gallery space. Will assist in setting up monthly art displays. Will assist in maintenance of gallery space including painting, building displays, repairs and potentially working with artist's installations. Will assist in writing monthly promotional publication. Needs to be present at First Friday events to communicate with viewers about the artist and the artists work.
Job Type: Internship
- familiarity with the artistic community in Lubbock: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page: