OppenheimerFunds is seeking an Analyst on the Global Equity team, specifically for the International Small-Mid Company Fund with $10 billion in assets under management. The team has a leading long-term track record, with average performance in the top decile over a period of ten years, along with low employee turnover. A compelling opportunity for the exceptional candidate, the Analyst will work on a lean team with the Portfolio Manager and two other Analysts, and will be responsible for generating investment ideas in the portfolio with rigorous company-specific, bottom-up fundamental analysis. The Analyst will have to use a robust analytical framework in the context of the team’s investment philosophy, which focuses on high-quality businesses with sustainable competitive advantages that offer a compelling long-term investment opportunity.
Competencies for Success:
- Work with the Portfolio Manager and other Analyst to analyze current and prospective equity holdings and to generate investment ideas
- Perform deep fundamental research including company visits, business valuation analysis, building financial models, meeting with company managements, attending industry conferences, among other investment related activities
- Prepare brief written reports on selected investment option highlighting non-obvious insights into long-term opportunities Qualifications
- Demonstrated track record of excellence academically and professionally
- Advanced degree with 1 - 3 years of relevant analytical experience in investments, investment banking or consulting post graduate program is ideal
- Passion for long-term investing in global equity markets and a deep fundamental investment approach combined with exceptional analytical skills
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Strong critical thinking skills; able to make good decisions when faced with complex or ambiguous data
- Robust intellectual curiosity, inquistiveness, integrity, creativity along with a balance of self confidence and humility
Applicants are invited to submit a relevant investment write-up with their resume
We are a dynamic firm that values teamwork and collaboration, and true to our history, we encourage independent thinking and provide ample opportunities for our people to stand out and make a difference. With offices in New York, Denver, Rochester and Dallas, Seattle, Philadelphia, and London, we work hard to turn our unconventional wisdom into value for investors and pursue excellent results for ourselves and our firm. Learn more about the culture and opportunities at OppenheimerFunds here: https://careers.oppenheimerfunds.com
OppenheimerFunds and its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law in all employment functions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and termination of employment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.