The Fiscal Technician will evaluate gift documents and record gifts and pledges of all types to the Virginia Tech Athletic Fund (VTAF) reflecting the wishes of our donors and according to the university, CASE guidelines and IRS regulations; as well as reconcile gift fund accounts to ensure accuracy and completeness. Ensure that donor records are maintained in a complete and accurate manner, properly using the varied coding schemes as necessary to reflect the unique specifics of each gift or pledge so that high quality information is available to all authorized parties in the university, Virginia Tech Athletic Fund and the Virginia Tech Foundation. Handle all confidential donor information as mandated. Be responsive to queries and requests from departmental, university, and foundation users, as well as donors as appropriate.
- Previous data entry and bookkeeping/accounting experience
- Demonstrated customer service experience in a high volume professional environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with current office computer software such as electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheets and relational database applications
- Ability to work independently and handle confidential materials and information
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to work as a member of a team and show leadership with student employees
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in accounting or related field
- Deposit reconciliation experience
- Experience in a higher education institution
- Previous experience with large databases such as Banner, Blackbaud, and Advantage
- Experience with gift accounting procedures or development
Must have a conviction check: Yes Describe Other: Employment Comments: How to Apply for this Job:
Interested candidates must apply online at www.jobs.vt.edu and search for posting SW0180792. Include with the state application, a cover letter, resume, and list of references. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations should notify the Human Resources Service Center, 540-231-9331 or email email@example.com. A review of applications will begin after November 9, 2018.
Hourly Wage Staff, limited to 1500 hrs/year Appointment Type: Temp, non-salaried wage If restricted or temporary, enter end date: FLSA Status: Non-exempt: Eligible for overtime Academic Year or Calendar Year: Calendar Year Percent Employment: Part-time If part time, enter Percent Time: Pay Band: 3 Pay Range: Department: Virginia Tech Athletic Fund Work Location: Blacksburg Location, if not Blacksburg: Location Zip Code: 24061 Work Schedule: Schedule to be determined Posting Date: 10/26/2018 Review Begin Date: 11/09/2018 Job Close Date: Restricted to university employees only? No Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.