We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Manages a group of staff; Plans and controls day to day project tasks and budgets; Adheres to IT governance; Manages relationship with immediate environment, enabling commitment; Works with business unit to define needs and arranges appropriate resources; Coordinates delivery of work from all suppliers for a large scale project, including risk, quality, change management, schedule, and financial management; Accountable for development of work orders/cost estimates to/from suppliers, Acceptance Criteria and User Acceptance Testing; Responsible for project level planning, monitoring and reporting.
Essential Job Functions
- People Focus: Leads a very small group of specialists who perform standard tasks. Carries out managerial tasks such as resource management, development, talent management, performance management, compensation, retention, replacement and termination.
- Planning + Controlling: Oversees the planning and controlling of a single task / project on a day-to-day basis including project budget.
- Business Results: Develops project concepts, creates plans and oversees implementation of business solutions of simple to moderate complexity.
- Governance: Adheres to organizational governance.
- Relationship Management: Interacts with business and IT partners within the immediate environment to foster commitment and teamwork.
- People Focus: Leads a group of specialists who perform complex tasks.
- Planning + Controlling: Oversees the planning and controlling of multiple tasks / multiple projects on a short term basis (1 year) and owns cost center budget.
- Business Results: Develops project concepts, creates plans and oversees implementation of business solutions of moderate to high complexity.
- Governance: Implements organizational governance.
- Relationship Management: Handles specific customer challenges (escalation).
- Coordinates delivery of work from all suppliers involved in a small scale / sub-project; Facilitates issue resolution; Reviews and approves vendor invoices/expenditures.
- Works with business unit to define critical business needs and arranges appropriate resources.
- Is accountable for work request evaluation and authorization, development and submission of work orders, as well as review of cost estimates from the suppliers.
- Is accountable for Acceptance Criteria and execution of Acceptance Testing at program level.
- Is responsible for project level planning, monitoring and reporting on project performance.
- Signs off on project deliverables; Performs internal project close down; Conducts Post-Implementation Reviews.
- Liaisons with the Application Architecture team, ISP, third parties, as necessary.
- Performs as the team lead / supervisor, where assigned.
- Is responsible for the delivery of large scale projects to the business including risk, quality, and change management, system dependency touch points, schedule and financial management.
- Performs as the administrative manager of retained staff including business analysts, Subject Matter Experts, and Support Services staff.
- Leads and manages the Billing QA area to develop effective and flexible framework, process and methodology.
- Interacts with business and IT partners within the immediate environment to foster commitment and teamwork.
- Reviews and approves vendor invoices.
- Accountable for work request evaluation and authorization, development and submission of work orders, as well as review of cost estimates from the suppliers.
- Signs off on project deliverables related to testing.
- Leads continuous process improvement and innovation initiates with focus on optimization on testing.
Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
Level II: 8 years’ experience in an IT environment, including 2 years in a supervisory role or 1 year as a Program Manager I.
Special Skill Requirement
- Advanced QA methodology knowledge and experience, including the establishment, maintenance and development of industry-leading processes required to enterprise customers.
- Strong delivery experience with an application development background.
- Demonstrated expertise in Iterative Agile Development/testing methodologies.
- Knowledge of automated test tools, development, maintenance and frameworks.
- Experience with Risk based testing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with technical and non-technical audience.
- Excellent time management, planning, and project management skills.
- Insurance or financial services application experience preferred.
- SAP knowledge preferred.
- Billing knowledge preferred.
(Internal Title: Program Manager II)
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.