Tioga Security is a spin-off of Project Hosts. Project Hosts is a cloud solution provider that has built Software Tools including user portals (user management), cloud admin center (asset management), and GRC (governance risk compliance) products, to support its cloud services.
Project Hosts has transferred rights in those tools to Tioga. Tioga plans to leverage Project Hosts’ real-world security and compliance expertise to transform those tools into software solutions that help customers automate security controls for their cloud implementations.
This will represent a paradigm shift in the way companies monitor and maintain compliance while deployed in the cloud.
You are both a hands-on programmer and a leader. You can lead a team of 5-10 software engineers following common software development methodology and practice.
- You are comfortable working with your team to craft a design: choosing the appropriate technology and designing a solution that both answers the problem at hand and stays within constraints.
- Product life cycle. You understand and often play a major part in the entire cycle of software development and delivery, from ideation, to project conception, to UX, to code, to testing, to deployment, and around again.
- We believe strongly in agile delivery practices. You are comfortable working with Agile and love it as much as we do.
- You have experience building production quality software that is easy to use and maintain. You also have experience owning projects from end-to-end
- You can bring your team up to speed on new languages and skills. We all learn from each other, but with the breadth of technical experience you’ll bring to the table, you’ll be an invaluable teacher to your less-experienced peers.
- Thinking big and acting fast. You have a startup mentality with enterprise awareness. That means you can manage competing priorities, that you’re ready to pivot or adjust plans quickly, and that you understand the role you and your team play in major organizations’ tech strategies.
- You can influence priorities for both the team and the client. You understand both the business problem and the technical solution, and you’re able to advocate for excellence and effect change when necessary.
- UI/UX. You are passionate about UI/UX and that should reflect in your work
Other Skills and Experience - Advantage*
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- SQL Server and MySQL databases
- APIs to MS Office 365, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- JIRA, Confluence
Important Things to Know
- Location – Pittsburgh, PA and/or the Pittsburgh PA Metro area
- Education – BS in Computer Science or related technical field (MS is an advantage)
- Compensation – a combination of base and incentive that will give you the opportunity to directly benefit from a success
Job Type: Full-time
- software development: 3 years (Preferred)