The Retail Merchandiser is a part-time position that performs service work in various retail stores such as grocery stores, drug stores, department stores and mass retailers.
This is your opportunity to develop retailer relationships in your community. Paid training, travel time and mileage reimbursement between stores is provided and access to a variety of corporate discounts.
There are three major components of this PART-TIME position:
- Day to Day Service:
- Product merchandising: You will handle all aspects of product merchandising within your assignedstores. You will use a hand-held mobile device to replenish, straighten and track inventory of products. This could include products placed inside the assigned department or within other areas of the store.
- Store employee and customer interaction: You must interact in a professional manner with store employees, store management and customers while in the store.
- Schedule: Your Territory Supervisor will clarify your specific schedule. Work is typically scheduledMonday through Friday during the day and hours will increase during holiday periods.
- Holiday Support:
- Your scheduled days and hours will increase the week before and after the following holidays - Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween,Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- You may be required to work on the actual holiday for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Father's Day.
- Department Remodels and Resets:
- Occasionally, you may be required to be a part of an installation team and work on activities to include, but not limited to, building fixtures, moving select departments, installing fixtures and product and remodeling select departments.
- Typically you will receive at least a 2-week notice for remodel/reset work.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - All Positions
This is a physically demanding job that requires a high level of energy and a sense of urgency. You will be working on the selling floor as well as in back stockrooms. You must be able to consistently push, pull, lift, and carry cartons, merchandise and display fixtures up to 30 pounds throughout the work day and up to 50 pounds on occasion. You will also be required to stoop, squat, walk, and stand throughout your work day, and you may be required to climb stairs and step ladders.
REQUIREMENTS - All Positions
- Access to a Wi-Fi network and the internet
- Able to operate hand-held technology provided to open and read documents and interpret information
- Flexibility to work a changing work schedule that may include an occasional evening or weekend
- Reliable transportation to report to assigned locations as scheduled
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Able to read, understand and communicate in English
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- May be required to work the week before and the week after major holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Part-time
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects