Do you like puzzles? Can you explain complicated concepts in a simple way? Do you like working on a team? Are you the type of person who keeps looking until you find the answer? Are you organized and good at helping other people learn?
If so, then we’re looking for you! The Colorado Springs Gazette, located in beautiful downtown Colorado Springs, CO is on the hunt for an experienced Accountant. Our ideal candidate has exceptional math skills, the ability to understand complex financial scenarios and experience with JD Edwards or some other ERP system. We’re looking for someone with at least 3 – 6 years of hands on accounting experience who has a strong sense of ethics, killer time management skills, strong attention to detail, is creative, extremely trustworthy and reliable, has great communication skills, is collaborative, flexible and has a desire to constantly learn.
The Gazette is a two-time Pulitzer Prize winning newspaper and is the premier source of news and information for Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak Region. The Gazette has multiple digital and print products including a daily newspaper, four weekly newspapers, www.gazette.com, niche websites such as www.outtherecolorado.com, www.coloradopolitics.com, www.coloradosprings.com, www.gazettepreps.com and multiple channels of social media.
Located in the heart of the majestic Rocky Mountains, Colorado has over 300 days of sunshine annually. Whether you are white water rafting through the Royal Gorge, cycling through beautiful national parks, skiing/snowboarding at our world class resorts, hiking Colorado’s mountain peaks or trails or attending local sports events, there are multiple options for Colorado recreational activities in every season!
We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and an opportunity to work with an organization that believes in making a difference in our community.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,196.00 - $46,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
Masks and social distancing is required in the building.
- bookkeeping: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Colorado Springs, CO 80903 (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible