As a Senior Project Manager on the Customer Success Team out of the San Francisco office, you will have the opportunity to drive the implementation of our products at financial institutions in across the world.
The Project Manager will be a key member of our implementation team, and will work with Ripple’s Integration Engineers, Solution Architects, Business Development and Sales teams, Product Management, Engineering, and our clients’ project managers, architects, business personnel, and developers to ensure the Ripple Solution is implemented on time and successfully. This role will focus on efforts in NA and LATAM, assisting other parts of the globe as needed.
What you'll do:
What we’re looking for:
- Responsible for the management of the entire project lifecycle from definition/scope through implementation. Perform all project management activities for each project: Plan project, identify key resources and stakeholders, drive project milestones, coordinate and attend project kickoff and training meetings, lead weekly client meetings, provide updates to internal and external stakeholders, develop and maintain client relationships, document outcomes, etc.
- Work with Ripple Business Development, Sales, and Solution Architecture to define projects and understand client use cases
- Drive Project and/or Program efforts globally with clients
- Communicate with clients to understand their software integration needs
- Coordinate a small internal team, including integration engineers, solution architects, and sales personnel, to implement Ripple software at client sites
- Act as primary point of contact for all stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Troubleshoot and solve some technical and business related implementation problems in real-time, and assign to other team members or escalate as appropriate
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects with different clients
- Work closely with other Customer Success Project Managers, providing review of project artifacts, input on internal processes, and contributions to process improvement
- Maintain Organizational Process assets with consideration of Enterprise environmental factors
- 10 years of project management experience on an integration team, installation team, or other relevant project management experience in software development or deployment
- 3 years experience in transaction banking and/ or Payments experience preferably gained in a major institution
- Experience managing direct reports
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Candidates must be fluent in English
- Experience with and enjoyment of face-to-face interaction with clients, in addition to experience with remote communication and coordination for projects
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, project planning, judgment, leadership, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to serve as the face of Ripple to potential and existing clients, enjoying a 30% travel component
- Ability to deliver success for the client by having a thorough understanding of Ripple and its products
What we offer:
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Agile Certification
- Formal Project Management training
- Experience with enterprise integrations, especially with financial institutions in payments and/or investment banking
- Speak additional languages, (Portuguese, Spanish, etc.)
Who we are:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees; 65% paid for employee dependents
- Generous Health & Wellness program
- Industry-leading maternity & paternity leave policies
- Flexible vacation policy- work with your manager to take time off when you need
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages and coffee drinks
- Bi-weekly lunches, breakfasts and optional gourmet dinners
- Monthly team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network, financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Sydney, Mumbai, Singapore and Luxembourg, Ripple has more than 100 customers around the world.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.