Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
This is a front-line, first impression position requiring a person who is customer-service oriented with a professional and positive attitude and image; while promoting a positive customer / patient experience. Dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Puts the customer first. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect. Maintains effective, positive customer service relationships by responding to customer needs, resolving conflicts, and seeks out opportunities to educate customers on internal procedures, expectations and resources. Uses patient information database system to access and to query patient information and provides information to the public according to departmental procedures and confidentiality standards. Optimizes the use of resources and tools to effectively and efficiently service the needs of our customers. Responsible for providing database management, administrative support and performing all related duties in a manner that ensures superior customer satisfaction. Works effectively with other departments to create and promote a healthy, high preforming work environment. Effective communication skills, self-directed, with a spirit of team support and success, curiosity and ownership, flexibility and a consistent demonstration of our H3W Leadership Behaviors. Follows instructions and procedures to perform tasks as assigned effectively. Reports to department Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience in a healthcare customer service setting required.
- 1-2 years administrative support and database management experience required.
- Strong computer technology skills including, but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bi Lingual fluency in English and Spanish required.
- High degree of confidentiality. Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a high volume work environment. Demonstrates the ability to be organized and flexible in stressful situations. Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail yet uses good judgment in seeking advice when necessary. Time management and organizational skills.
- Required to come into work in adverse weather conditions, weekends, holidays and must be flexible to work various shifts whenever necessary to meet the business needs.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.