Information Security Systems Manager (ISSM)
A well-established Reston Virginia based company is seeking a season Information Security Systems Manager (ISSM) with 10+ years of experience to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will be a thinker AND a doer that thrives at translating security requirements into policy and collaborating with technical folks to deliver secure information systems. Great attitude and a keen ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals are both highly desired.
As the ISSM, your goals will be to deliver secure and compliant systems across DOD and IC environments. As a key member of the Team, you will “own” (includes but not limited to) the day-to-day care, feeding and administration of on-prem and cloud-based IT infrastructure services, servers, operating systems, applications, storage, backups/restores, capacity planning, monitoring, compliance, patching, change management, documentation, troubleshooting and support.
- You are a strong ISSM that has 10+ years of experience
- You have demonstrated success with classified systems in DOD and IC computing environments
- You are experienced with requirements as outlined in NIST, ICD, RMF & other USG policies
- You have successfully ushering information systems through accreditation to achieve ATO
- You are experienced monitoring and resolving POA&Ms to mitigate system vulnerabilities
- You are comfortable setting and maintaining day-to-day security posture
- You are experienced monitoring IS including security event log review and analysis
- You have technical knowledge of Linux, Microsoft, and virtualized systems
- You enjoy working with highly technical individuals
- You are comfortable collaborating to resolve tough problems
- You thrive in a secure, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- You have good communication skills and are willing to learn, teach and lead
- You are an outstanding problem solver and critical thinker
- You are detail-oriented, self-motivated and a strong relationship builder
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator
- You hold a current an active TS/SCI security clearance - U. S. Citizenship is required
- You possess an CISSP certification
- You have a bachelor’s degree; however, we strongly value hands-on experience over degrees
Why you will want to work here
We offer the opportunity to work within a team of high caliber individuals focused on solving challenges. We are a dynamic company, with a flat organization structure where our leadership team is empowering and trusts you to get the job done right.
Why you will stay here
You will enjoy a casual work environment, flexible working hours and an employee-first culture! Surrounded with highly technical team that is passionate about security, technology and delivering results. You will grow professionally and technically as your team and peers push you achieve great things - Expect to be stretched. Expect to be pushed. Expect to achieve great things!
- 401(k) match of 6% with immediate vesting
- Subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Legal Resources Plan
- Gym facility
- Separate allocations of vacation and personal/sick leave
- 10 Federal Holidays
- Life insurance, short and long-term disability coverage paid by the company
- Free coffee, sodas, and snacks
- Company-sponsored weekly meal
- Awesome holiday parties and a fun family picnic
- Participation in several charitable events.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, color, age, military service eligibility or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected class. We encourage and support workplace diversity.