This position is located at JOE DiMAGGIO CHILDREN's HOSPITAL - (Hollywood, FL) - and will serve a Pediatric population.
Working with the Cardiac and Kidney Transplant teams, provides medical nutrition therapy to all levels of acuity in inpatient and outpatient settings in all phases of transplant care.
Competencies and skills:Essential:
- Coordinates, promotes, and provides outpatient nutrition services to the transplant population at every phase of transplantation.
- Provides group and individual nutrition counseling to individuals pursuing transplant and those transplanted.
- Participates in all appropriate transplant team meetings and support groups and will participate in the program performance improvement initiatives.
- Assesses the nutrition needs for transplant recipients and donors by completing a nutrition assessment, identifying nutrition risk, include diet education and an individualized nutrition care plan.
- Assists with on-the-job training; provides two in-service training programs/presentations.
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- MENU DEVELOPMENT: Develops nutritious and diverse meals for patients, staff and guests.
- DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF MEDICAL NUTRITION THERAPY: Uses knowledge of specific nutrition services used to treat an illness, injury or condition.
- TEAM WORK: Contributes to fullest potential to achieve team goals.
- PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
Education equivalent experience:Essential:
- Registered Dietitian CDR Certification
- Dietitian/Nutritionist License - FL
Complexity of Work:
- Nutrition or in a Related Field
Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. May require specialized knowledge of a business line.
Required Work Experience:
A minimum of 2 years of experience working with transplant patients.
- Bending and Stooping 60.00%
- Keyboard Entry 60.00%
- Kneeling 40.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
- Reaching 60.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
- Sitting 60.00%
- Squatting 40.00%
- Standing 60.00%
- Walking 60.00%
- Audible Speech 60.00%
- Hearing Acuity 60.00%
- Smelling Acuity 60.00%
- Taste Discrimination 60.00%
- Depth Perception 60.00%
- Distinguish Color 60.00%
- Seeing - Far 60.00%
- Seeing - Near 60.00%
- Bio hazardous Waste 40.00%
- Biological Hazards - Respiratory 40.00%
- Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 40.00%
- Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 40.00%
- Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 40.00%
- Dust 20.00%
- Hazardous Chemicals 20.00%
- Computer Monitor 60.00%
- Domestic Animals 20.00%
- Extreme Heat/Cold 60.00%
- Fire Risk 40.00%
- Heating Devices 60.00%
- Moving Mechanical Parts 60.00%
- Needles/Sharp Objects 60.00%
- Potential Electric Shock 40.00%
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Joe DiMaggio himself helped celebrate the opening of the first Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital back in 1992. Today, the freestanding Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital is one of the region's leading pediatric hospitals, offering a comprehensive scope of healthcare services and programs in a child-friendly atmosphere. A full-service, 226-bed hospital, we treat minor illnesses, trauma-related accidents and some of the most complex medical conditions.
Today, in its 25th year, the hospital now has the unique distinction of being the first – and only – pediatric hospital in the world to be designated as person-centered organization by Planetree. We are one of only four children’s hospitals in Florida that performs pediatric heart transplants, and one of just a handful worldwide offering extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Heart Institute, which has performed 21 pediatric transplant surgeries
Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
Cleft and Craniofacial Center
Cystic Fibrosis, Pulmonary and Sleep Center
Emergency Department and Trauma Center
General and Thoracic Surgery
Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
Pediatric Hypertension and Nephrology
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
[U18] Sports Medicine Program for young athletes
Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital has been named a Broward Family Favorite by Broward Family Life magazine as a Favorite Pediatric Hospital, and has been honored by US News & World Report as a Best Children’s Hospital for Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Orthopedics and Urology.
This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.