FRACTIONATION RESEARCH, INC. , www.fri.org
Job Description – Research Engineer
FRI is seeking a Research Engineer to lead projects focused on the operation and design of commercial-scale mass transfer equipment. This position requires strong process engineering skills, as well as a creative ability to apply theory for development of distillation design criteria and correlations based on results from FRI’s commercial-scale test facility. This position allows for high visibility through training, publications and research collaborations with distillation experts from around the world.
Fractionation Research, Inc. (FRI) is a non-profit research consortium, which includes over 80 of the largest petroleum, chemical, and engineering companies in the world. Our pilot facility is located west of the Oklahoma State University main campus. FRI was founded in the 1950’s and continues to be recognized as the leading source for mass transfer expertise and design practices.
- Education – Ph.D. Chemical Engineer, or M.S. Chemical Engineer with relevant experience preferred
- Years of Experience – 10+ years of R&D and/or operations experience
- Experience developing mass transfer and hydraulic models for distillation and absorption applications
- Works independently under general supervision and leads research projects
- Provides technical assistance on unusual or complex issues. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Must have legal authority to work in the U.S.
- Conceive, plan, conduct and interpret experimental research
- Prepare written report to be presented to the Membership
- Provide professional or expert support/training to FRI Members
- Provides engineering support/guidance to operations staff
- Presentation of research results at periodic FRI member meetings
- Delivery of training seminars
- Prepare and present external technical seminars
- Commitment to continued training and professional development
- Approximately 15% travel (domestic/international)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Proactive approach to the health and safety of yourself, fellow employees and the community
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Pilot plant safety and operations experience
- Thorough understanding of hydraulics and mass transfer fundamentals
- Correlation and model development
- Knowledge of process control and computing
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note that the selected candidate will be required to provide references and submit to drug screening.
FRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 10 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement