Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Position Summary: The Administrative Assistant will work under the direction of the Office Manager and the Executive Director. The Office Assistant will answer phone calls and provides callers & visitors with program information. Assist in processing new student registrations. Assist in preparing class documents, tests, and forms. Assist in preparing course curriculum materials. The Office Assistant will oversee office functions in the absence of the Office Manager.
Qualifications and Experience: High school graduate or GED equivalency required. One-year office administration experience desirable. Must be able to read, write, and communicate orally in English. Nursing Assistant certification through the Arizona State Board of Nursing and the ability to speak Spanish is desirable.
Competency and Skill Requirements: Excellent telephone, verbal, and written communication skills. Must be knowledgeable in filing (electronic and hard copy), data entry, computers, and record keeping procedures. Excellent typing, transcription, word-processing, spreadsheet and procedure development skills. Excellent knowledge of computer programs and data processing required. Knowledge of various social media. Knowledge of multi-line telephone systems. Knowledge of medical terminology helpful. Excellent customer service skills required.
Working Environment: Office
Safety Equipment: None
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical Demands: Walking, sitting, and standing with lifting limited to files and records not expected to exceed 20 pounds in weight. Extended time at a computer work screen and keyboard, and on the telephone. Bending, reaching, and stretching is required.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greets visitors and guests, and answers incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Provides callers with program information and schedules admission appointments.
- Assists in processing new student registrations and proper documentation.
- Produces and maintains manuals and handouts necessary for education program.
- Prepares and distributes materials for the first day of class and for graduation.
- Maintains the overall appearance of facility and stocks items as needed in all areas.
- Sends and receives appropriate email documents, processes outgoing mail, and sorts and distributes all other mail and packages, including supplies.
- Assists with schedules, purchases, and sets up required supplies for meetings, graduations, and special events as needed.
- Assists in making collections calls and updates statistics and data in database.
- Assists with updating website, Facebook and other social media.
- Assists with accepting and documenting tuition payments.
- Assists with documenting donations, responding to donors, and updating Donor Perfect database.
- Assists with the processing of student exams using appropriate software.
- Assists with the updating of the industry database as needed.
- Assists with the maintenance of the Industry Partner program.
- Prepare New Student Files and Welcome Folders
- Assist with Graduation set-up and tear down.
- Prepare CGTI knowledge and skills rooms for State Board testing.
- Understands and follows CGTI policies, procedures, and practices; and performs all duties within the boundaries of the CGTI policies and procedures including maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
- Utilizes equipment and supplies appropriately.
- Demonstrates a high degree of commitment to customer service and represents CGTI in a positive and professional manner always.
- Exhibits positive interpersonal skills.
- Attends company meetings and works with other staff as needed to meet CGTI objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Office Manager, Program Director or Executive Director.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 to $13.00 /hour
- Administrative Support: 2 years (Required)
- Administrative Assistant: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Tucson, AZ 85710 (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)