$500 SIGN ON BONUS
This position is patient focused with the objective of delivering superior patient care and
ensuring positive patient experiences and outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide nursing care according to physician’s instruction and in accordance with recognized
nursing techniques and procedures and established standards and policies to maintain the health and
general wellbeing of the patient.
- Perform initial assessment and evaluation of patient and patient health survey data.
- Provide pre-operative and post-operative teaching for both patient and family members.
- Provide assistance during surgery or other procedures as indicated.
- Set up patient for surgery including prepping area, draping with sterile drapes, setting up clean
tray with anesthesia and preparing instruments.
- Scrub in as assistant to surgeon. Hand instruments and cut suture, keep operative area clean and
organized. Administer anesthesia and perform suturing as directed by physician.
- Prepare equipment and paper work for biopsies
Dispense medications as directed by physician
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation.
- Prepare a permanent nursing note for each Mohs case with follow up phone call documented in
Electronic Medical Record.
- Maintain nursing practice consistent with OSHA, HIPAA, QA and nursing safety regulations.
Carry out nursing interventions that promote and maintain quality and excellence in surgical care.
- .Provide appropriate written instructions regarding care and potential problems.
- Maintain safety and well-being of patient according to individual needs
- Provide assistance as needed during ambulating to maintain safety of patient.
- Maintain confidentiality and privileged communications related to patients.
- Maintain and operate monitoring equipment present in clinic.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Current Registered Nurse license, certification in Basic Life Support
- Surgical experience preferred; willingness to travel to other sites as needed
Job Type: Full-time
- surgery: 1 year (Preferred)
- nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)