Overview: Performance Physical Therapy is hiring Patient Care Coordinators!
Are you interested in joining an amazing and talented team?
Performance Physical Therapy is a state-of the-art private practice offering a variety of innovative services that help patients of all ages achieve optimal physical function – fitness, wellness and rehabilitation; we pride ourselves in being owned 100% by local Physical Therapists. We specialize in sports injuries, spinal, orthopedic and post-surgical conditions, as well as create a variety of strength, fitness and wellness strategies to help patients heal fully and quickly. Such strategies include women’s and men’s pelvic health, a runner’s program, pediatrics, oncology, dry needling, occupational health, hand therapy, athletic training, arthritis, balance disorders, aquatics, fitness, sports performance and prevention programs. With the largest number of board-certified physical therapists in the state of Rhode Island, Performance is the leader in the health care community throughout Rhode Island and SE Massachusetts.
Performance has been voted a Best Place to Work for the 7th consecutive year by Providence Business News and is proud to have received the Jane L. Snyder National Private Practice of the Year award in 2014.
Culture: *We have 3 core values that set our culture: Providing Care at its Best, Investing in Relationships and Embracing Change. Our goal is for every member of our team to embrace these values to create an amazing culture, allowing us to help our patients.
Schedule*: Performance Physical Therapy's hours are Monday-Friday 7:00am-7:30pm including Saturday 8:00am-2:00pm.
The Patient Care Coordinator will greet patients, schedule appointments, collect co-pays, and perform tasks to relieve clinical staff of administrative and clerical duties.
Performance currently has 18 clinics located in the following cities:
East Greenwich, RI
East Providence, RI
North Providence, RI
Pawtucket, RI (2)
Smithfield, RI (2)
South Kingstown, RI
Warren, RI (2)
For more information please visit; www.performanceptri.com or contact Danielle DeCoste at [email protected]
Performance Physical Therapy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
Responsibilities: Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Retrieves daily messages from the answering machine, updating appropriate schedules to reflect changes.
- Greet and direct patients, vendors and visitors of the clinic
- Ensure new patients complete appropriate paperwork. Once completed, organize and add to patient chart for first appointment
- Answer multiple line telephone system, obtaining demographic and insurance information from new patients scheduled for an initial evaluation
- Collect co-payments from patients, clearly documenting payment transactions on a written receipt
- Responsible for patient appointments and cancellations. Review therapist schedules to effectively fill openings through the use of a medical records system. Document pertinent conversations for future reference.
- Assist therapists with faxing patient information to medical offices as requested.
- Maintain a general understand of insurances, including how to read benefit eligibility.
- Explain benefit details to patients including authorization requirements, copays, and deductibles.
- Initiate appropriate collection activity in accordance with Performance Physical Therapy policies and procedures.
- Negotiate payment terms with customers in accordance with established guidelines to minimize collection agency potential.
- Regularly review essential reporting to ensure all PCC tasks are completed timely
Qualifications: Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: * High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to three years of related experience and/or training is required. Associate degree in healthcare administration or a related field of study is preferred.
Benefits: * We offer a comprehensive benefit’s package including Medical, Dental & Vision; 401k with employer match; voluntary disability and life insurance options; Fitness & Wellness reimbursement; 7 paid holidays and paid time off; Community volunteer opportunities, and more!
Location: 73 Valley Rd., Middletown, RI 02842
Job Type: Full-time